Human Resources & Admin Officer NGO Jobs – Handicap International
Job Title: Human Resources & Admin Officer
Organisation: Handicap International
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Finance/Admin Manager
Starting Salary: UGX 2,208,949 monthly gross
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Handicap International is outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Job Summary: The Human Resources & Admin Officer will ensure the smooth implementation of Human Resources Management and Administration for the Arua Field Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field recruitment –ensure necessary documentation is completed to initiate recruitment, organise interviews ensuring transparency through the whole process.
- Monitor deductions of annual leave and other absences at field level ensuring staff have individual leave plans and the same are adhered to.
- Follow-up on timesheet submission
- Ensure all new staff have duly signed contracts and updated Job desciptions
- Organise for induction of new staff at field level
- Follow up and alert on end of staff contracts at field level;
- Manage archiving system of contracts and personnel files for national staff;
- Ensure that the administrative support documents related to hiring, termination or end of contract for field staff, etc. are on file;
- Initiate needs assessment for the field, identify training needs from the appraisal process and update training plan in coordination with the HRM in Kampala;
- Act as field focal point for health insurance – ensure all staff eligible are registered on the plan, share any updates from the provider, liaise with Kampala HR and organise for health talks.
- Define and ensure the application of internal regulations and national personnel employment terms and conditions
- Be responsible for the administrative follow up of all national staff in Arua and the compiling of individual files, registration with local URA (ensure all staff have TIN numbers) and NSSF.
- Maintain a staff register or any other legally required records;
- Prepare payroll updates and send to HR department Kampala by the 15th of each month for incorporation in the monthly payroll
- Work with line managers to ensure objectives are set
- Ensure mid year reviews are done and annual appraisals at field level
- Follow up on end of probation dates and initiate reminders to line managers to conduct probation evaluations
- Ensure that all documentation pertaining to performance management is dully filed.
- Internal communication of HR issues
- Practical organization of training sessions (planning, organization of travel)
- Organizing staff meetings and welfare activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for Handicap International Human Resources & Admin Officer job must hold a Degree in Human Resources with basic understanding of HR functions, knowledge of prevailing labour laws and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Three years of INGO experience with at least one year of field experience.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in hard to each areas
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Handicap International are encouraged to send their updated CVs (3 pages max, including three professional references) with cover letters to HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Application for Human Resources & Admin Officer.
NB: Applicants from West Nile region are strongly encouraged to apply. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 7th January 2019 by 5:00pm
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020