Human Resources & Administration Officer NGO Jobs – Handicap International (Humanity & Inclusion)
Organisation: Handicap International (Humanity & Inclusion)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: HR& Administration Manager
Starting Salary: UGX 2,208,949 monthly gross
Handicap International (Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Handicap International is outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Job Summary: The Human Resources & Administration Officer will ensure for the smooth implementation of administrative and human resource policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Implementation of the HR policies and procedures (recruitment, remuneration, social and healthcare coverage)
- Implement the national staff recruitment and induction processes at the national level
- Ensure the social and medical policy framework is implemented at national level
- Analyse and monitor changes in employment law and other NGOs’ practices at a local level and advise the HRM accordingly.
- Participate in the drafting, reviewing of HR policies and procedures for submission to the HRM for validation purposes.
- Prepare the training plan for submission to the HRM while ensuring that the training policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that staff are informed of changes in policies and procedures as well as answering their queries in consultation with the HRM
Guarantee a secure framework for HR administrative management
- Ensure the implementation of the internal regulations and national personnel employment terms and conditions
- Prepare departure documents (travel orders, discharges, etc.) and support expatriate departures with logistics department
- Organise the induction, hand overs and debriefings for national and expatriate staff at national level;
- Administrative follow up of all national staff in Uganda including registration with local URA and NSSF.
- Monitor deductions of annual leave and other absences at national level and ensure that the records are updated accordingly.
- Draw up employment contracts for validation by the HRM
- Prepare employment offers for validation by the HRM
- Ensure all staff files are updated with the required documentation including job descriptions
- Prepare the payroll and maintain its accuracy.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are adhered to during payroll preparation and
- Payment information transmitted to finance department for payment.
- Support the HRM in implementing national personnel disciplinary procedures
- Update HR management charts and submit them HRM for onward transmission to the regional office on a quarterly basis
- Prepare Expatriate per diem payment on monthly basis as per the validated rates from Head quarters
Ensure compliance of local legislation and legal framework at national level
- Ensure the formalities required by government bodies are completed in time, support the HRM in the follow up of legal matters
- Guarantee the correct archiving of the organisation’s documents in HR and Admin.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements including calling on local expertise if required (Lawyers, employment inspectors, etc.)
- Take part in the activity of networks on legal and HR aspects order to follow evolution on policies change etc.
Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
- Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected
- Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules.
- Attend regular refresher trainings as organized.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Handicap International (Humanity & Inclusion) Human Resources & Administration Officer job must hold a Diploma with a minimum of 4 years practical experience in HR management or a University degree in Human Resource Management with a minimum of two years’ experience in HR Management or a relevant degree.
- Experience working in an NGO context is an added advantage
- Decision Making Skills
- Good communication Skills
- Good organisation Skills
- Ability to delegate
- Knowledge of the relevant Labour laws
- Computer Skills: Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel) and Internet
- Punctual and organized Person
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work under stress
Starting Date: June 2019
Contract Duration: Contract runs till 31st December 2019 with possibility extend.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Handicap International are encouraged to send their updated CVs (3 pages max, including three professional references) with cover letters to HR Department at email@example.com with the subject: Application for HR & Admin Officer.
Deadline: 31st May 2019 by 5:00pm
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020