ICARDA Internship: ICARDA’s internship program is designed to provide practical experience in research and other areas of the Center’s activities for eligible applicants.
The subject should be of mutual interest to the intern and the hosting Program/Unit of ICARDA.
The internship will usually be for a period of one to six months, as per the need, and is not intended to lead to an advanced degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.).
The practical experience provided during the internship would complement and strengthen the intern’s academic study and provide contacts in the professional spheres that s/he is likely to enter at later stages in preparation for an advanced degree.
On the other hand, the intern is expected to contribute to enhanced research efforts in the host Program/Unit of the Center by bringing in diversity and additional dynamism in the research team.
Internship Application Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- A limited number of internships will be available every year for applicants from the Central and West Asia and North Africa (CWANA) region as well as from out side.
- Priority will be given to applicants from the region and those who are self-funded.
- Candidates must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment with research and support staff of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Their work will be within the ICARDA on-going research programs and activities and should not be part of or lead to any degree training.
- Fluency in English, some prior research experience, computing skills, and working knowledge of other languages (Arabic and French) would be advantageous.A selection committee would review all applications.Applications:
Applications for the internship program can be made all the year round.
Interested persons are invited to send a letter indicting field of interest and duration of internship; a detailed curriculum vitae; and the name, address, fax and e-mail contact information of two referees, one of whom should be the current advisor to the address below.
Include no graphics or other large file attachments while sending application by e-mail.
Human Resources Development,
P.O. Box 5466,
Tel: (00963-21) 2213433, 2213477, 2225112.
Fax: (00963-21) 2213490, 2225105, 5744622.
E-mail: s.ahmed [at] CGIAR.ORG
For more information see; ICARDA Internship
- ADB Internship Program
- Administration Internship
- Africa Action Internship Opportunities
- Afrika Kommt! Paid Internships & Young Professionals Opportunities in Germany
- Africa Program Internship Opportunities
- African Development Bank Internships
- African Development Bank Young Professionals Program
- African Union Internships
- AIC Kijabe Hospital Internships
- AIESEC International Internships
- Ashoka Internship Opportunities
- BBC Work Experience Attachments
- Computer Science & Computer Engineering Internships
- Concerned for Working Children Internships
- Coral Reef Conservation Project (CRCP) – Kenya Internships
- Doctors’ Internships
- Entry-Level Humanitarian Professional Programme
- e8 Internship Programme
- Femmes Africa Solidarité Internships
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Paid Internships for Students and Recent Graduates (US$700 Monthly)
- Frank Jennings Internships (Fully Paid Internships Abroad in Europe for International Students)
- Genesis Job & Internship Positions in South Africa
- GE Internships in Africa
- Google Internships
- Google Internship Opportunities
- Google Policy Fellowship
- Goldman Sachs Internships
- Grameen Foundation Fellowship Program
- Human Rights Watch Internships
- Humphrey Student Fellowships
- International Criminal Court Internships & Visiting Professionals Programme
- IDEP Internships
- IDRC Internship Award
- IFAD Internship Programme
- IHS Journalism Internship
- IHS Production Internships
- ILO Internships
- IMF Fund Internship Program
- Industrialisation Fund for Developing Countries Internship
- Industrial Training Programme & Attachments in Kenya – Davis & Shirtliff Ltd
- Internship at African Commission on Human and Peoples Rights
- Internships at Global Policy Forum in New York
- Internships at the IAEA
- Internships in Ghana
- Internships in Kenya
- Internships in Nigeria
- South-Africa Internships
- Internships in Uganda
- Internship Programs in Africa
- Internship for Human Rights Postgraduate Students
- International Law Institute Internships
- Internship Positions at the European Centre for Minority Issues – Flensburg, Germany
- International Criminal Court – Internships and Visiting Professionals Programme
- Kenya Human Rights Commission Internships
- Legal Advisor Intern, Egypt
- MBA Internship and Software Development Internship
- Medical Interns
- Medical Internship Africa
- Nation Media Group Student Internships – All Year Round
- OHCHR Internships
- Pharmacy Internships – South Africa
- Psychosocial Intern
- Red Cross Volunteers
- Research Internships Scheme KEMRI
- SAB Graduate Trainee Program
- Scripps Howard Semester in Washington Internship Program
- Shell Postgraduate Student Internships
- Summer Internship in Kenya for International students
- The Carter Center Graduate Assistant Program
- Transparency International Internship in Kenya
- TWN Africa Internship Program
- UNDP Internships
- UNDP Kenya Internship Programme
- UNDP Somalia Internship
- UNECE Internship Programme
- UNESCO Internship
- UNFCCC Internships
- UNFPA Internship Programme
- UNICEF Internships
- UNIFEM Internships
- UN-HABITAT Internships
- UN Internship Programme
- UN Young Professionals Programme
- United Nations Internships
- United Nations Internship – Nairobi.
- United Nations Internship Programmes
- Volunteer, Internship and Study Abroad Programs in Cape Town, South Africa
- WCC Youth Internship Programme
- WFP Internships
- Work Experience Placements in UK
- World Bank Internships
- World Bank Internship Program
- World Health Organization Internships
- World Health Organization Internship Program
- World Youth Alliance Internships
- Worldwide Work Experience Placements
- WTO Internships
- WTO Internship Programme
- UNICEF Internship Programme
- United Nations Internship Programmes
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020