ICT Risk Officer Jobs – Orient Bank
Job Title: ICT Risk Officer
Organization: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: IT Risk Manager
Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The IT Risk Officer will support the delivery of the Information Technology risk management framework through participating in independent IT risk assessment and resolution of issues to completion in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Information System risk assessments for new and existing systems, applications and programs to ensure compliance with the bank’s security policies, regulatory requirements.
- Identify weaknesses or security exposures and prescribe solutions to mitigate the risks related to those weaknesses and exposures.
- Perform periodic and surprise security assessments.
- Identify and evaluate business technology risks and internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement and propose risk treatment plans.
- Provide guidance over the general activities and concerns of the Bank’s IT function.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with respective BORMs to review IT risk and control self-assessments.
- Create and monitor IT key risk indicators.
- Monitor and track IT risk events and follow up on associated actions plans to closure.
- Work with control owners to ensure control accuracy and remediate any issues related to control exceptions.
- Identify and analyze emerging IT risks.
- Prepare management /executive reporting on IT Risks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BSc. in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation an asset
- Professional qualifications i.e. CRISC, CISA or other related certification
- Part of full professional qualification in CPA or ACCA
- At least three years of experience in Banking Operations, Risk Management or Audit.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Industry experience in financial services/banking preferred.
- Knowledge of IT security and risk disciplines and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of organization, technology controls, security and risk issues.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in complex, comprehensive or large projects and initiatives.
- Experience with Key Risk Indicators and Technology Risk reporting preferred.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 3rd March 2021 by 5:00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE