IDRC Graduate Research Awards
IDRC Graduate Research Awards; Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) supports research in developing countries to promote growth and development.
The result is innovative, lasting local solutions that aim to bring choice and change to those who need it most.
As a research award recipient, you will undertake a one-year paid program of research on the topic you submitted to the competition and receive hands-on experience in research management, grant administration, and the creation, dissemination, and use of knowledge from an international perspective.
IDRC Graduate Research Awards Eligibility
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of a developing country.
- You must be currently enrolled at a recognized university at the master’s or doctoral level OR have completed a master’s or doctoral degree at a recognized university. These awards may be part of an academic requirement.
- Your proposed research must focus on one or more developing countries.
- Candidates cannot receive any other Canadian government scholarship, award, subsidy, bursary, or honorarium, or hold any federal government contract in support of a research/work project for the duration of the award.
- If you are a non-Canadian residing, relocating, or studying in Canada and are recommended for an award, you will need a valid work permit before working at IDRC.Duration:
January – December (minimum 6 months to a maximum of 12 months). Based in Ottawa, Canada (Select placements may be located in one of IDRC’s Regional Offices.)
Budget: CA$39,000-CA$45,000 (salary for one-year, paid internship)
Awardees are considered to be full-time employees of IDRC.
Benefits include contributions to Employment Insurance, Employer Health Tax, the Canada Pension Plan, and 4% of salary in lieu of vacation leave. Some travel and research expenses are also supported, up to a maximum of CA$10,000.
Please note: At this time, IDRC is not supporting awards that involve research in
- Korea (People’s Democratic Republic of)
- Eastern Europe
- Central AsiaResearch proposed in the following countries or territories must be approved by IDRC before an award and contract is issued:
Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Brazzaville, Congo (Democratic Republic of), Eritrea, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Niger, Papua New Guinea, Small Island States [including Comoros, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, São Tomé and Principe, Seychelles, Timor-Leste and Oceania (Cook Islands, Fiji, Nauru, Kiribati, Palau, Marshall Islands, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Tonga, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna)], South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen.
For more information and application, see: IDRC Graduate Research Awards Website
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE