IGCSE/GCE – A Level (Business Studies / Economics ) Teacher Jobs – Kabojja International School (Re-advertised)
Organization: Kabojja International School
Duty Station: Kabojja International School, Kampala, Uganda
Kabojja International School is a private co-educational school offering a British curriculum IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) and GCE (General Certificate of Education). It is both a Day and Boarding School.
It draws students from East Africa and other neighboring countries in the great lakes Region. It also draws learners from the great Diaspora. The learners enjoy a quiet environment, an international reputation, and excellent studying facilities with professionalism in all programmes. The resident learners are guaranteed accommodation in a homely environment with all home amenities.
Job Summary: The Business Studies / Economics Teacher works collaboratively to provide education to the pupils/students from a range of age groups, based on the Kabojja International School’s philosophy and ethos. The Business Studies/Economics Teacher must support each individual student’s/pupil’s growth and development, encouraging them as Kabojjan’s to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The teacher must demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the school, and achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and caringly to the needs of the pupils/students. To assume responsibility for teaching Business Studies / Economics in the designated age groups under the guidance of curriculum head.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of Business Studies / Economics at Kabojja International School. KIS is looking for a candidate who would relish the challenge of nourishing the subject in a new school.
- The Business Studies / Economics teacher will have responsibility for the planning and teaching of the subject to the designated classes, the content of each lesson being determined by the school IGCSE/GCE – A level curriculum.
- The teacher will ensure that the subject is delivered in a way that provides coverage, progression and continuity. The teacher will also be required to carry out other such duties assigned from time to time. He/she is expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in his/her teaching and in his/her relationships with colleagues and parents.
- The teacher must ensure that an excellent learning environment is provided for the learning of Business Studies / Economics, and that the pupils develop a positive attitude to the subject within the School. The teacher must present lessons in a structured and coordinated manner with due regard to the ability of the pupils/students and the curriculum targets of the particular year group.
- The teacher is likely to take responsibility for a tutor group and is expected to contribute to the pastoral aspect of the school.
- Retain lesson plans and study materials for students.
- Maintain student behavioral standards to ensure a productive and disciplined environment during group experiments, practices and performances.
- Keep track of students in and outside classrooms.
- Maintain a safe and positive learning environment for students.
- Participate in curriculum development programs, student activities and lecturers’ committees.
- Participate in workshops, training and professional development programs to maintain professional qualifications.
- Keep track of student grading and attendance.
- Evaluate student development and ensure that students complete their daily tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The applicant must hold at least a Degree in Education preferable subjects as Accounting, Business Studies and Economics.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the same field with International School
- Knowledge in Cambridge Curriculum is Desirable
- Skills: Comprehensive musical knowledge, Enthusiasm, Patience, Good communication skills, Good, Teaching Skills, Good organizational skills, Flexibility, Motivate skills.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd January 2020.
NB: Those who applied earlier should not apply again. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.