Internal Audit Officer Job Careers – Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Organisation: Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Uganda Airlines is the flag carrier of Uganda. The company is a revival of the older Uganda Airlines which operated from 1977 until 2001. It began flying in August 2019.
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Officer will carry out independent and objective assurance audits aimed at evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes of the Airline.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and formulate audit programs based on systematically identified and assessed risks, in line with the Internal Audit plan, Internal Audit Charter and International Internal Auditing Standards.
- Conduct systems audits of all UNACL operations in line with the Internal Audit plan and internally accepted standards.
- Carry out compliance audits to ensure that operational and financial processes are executed in line with UNACL policies, procedures, and regulations, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare audit reports and submit them to the Audit Supervisor and or Manager Internal Audit.
- Follow up all recommendations on audit findings for implementation and continuous process improvement.
- Examine UNACL’s operations and evaluate whether Company assets are being properly recorded and safeguarded.
- Carry out control risk self-assessments in all departments.
- Provide independent assurance on the effectiveness of the processes put in place to manage the risk of fraud in the Company.
- Ascertain the reliability of information systems (input, process, and output), and evaluate whether computerized systems comply with statutory regulations and generally accepted accounting principles, adequate financial controls, established Company plans and procedures, system security policies and effective systems development guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as may from time to time, be assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance), or a closely relate and relevant field, from a recognized University.
- Accountancy or Internal Auditing professional qualification, such as ACCA, CPA, CIA, or CISA, is a must.
- Good knowledge of the standards of the International Professional Practices Framework as issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors is essential.
- Audit-related Software and MS Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and related packages, is essential.
- Working experience of 4 years; at least 3 of which must be as Internal Auditor or in a similar position, in a large and reputable public or private sector organization.
- Experience in working with a reputable airline or private sector organizations shall be an added advantage.
- Proven negotiation and communication skills.
- Proven presentation and reporting abilities.
- Interpersonal and human relations skills, as well as a team-player.
- Analytical, accuracy and judgmental skills.
- Coordination and networking skills.
- Good, IT and computer proficiency skills.
- Maturity, high ethics, and integrity.
- A confident, independent, articulate and reliable personality.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long hours.
How to apply:
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at the link below
Click Here or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted
Deadline: 7th February 2020