Internal Auditor & Compliance Officer
GOAL is currently seeking to hire one (1) Internal Auditor and Compliance Officer to join our Kampala team.
Job Summary: With close supervision and support from the Internal Auditor, to ensure the following is carried out satisfactorily:
- Ensure that Risk focused audit calendar/planner for each financial year is developed and shared with auditees.
- Participate in the regular auditing of GOAL locations and Implementing partners operations to ensure compliance with GOAL, Donors and Government rules and regulations.
- Assess and provide independent Assurance on whether GOAL’s systems of internal controls are adequate and identify improvements where necessary across all departments.
- Ensure timely submission of all audit reports and see to it that identified gaps are shared and discussed with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that risk management processes in line with COSO framework are effectively embedded throughout the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing Donor Compliance Bi-annual Reports for HQ submission.This will be include:
- Review time sheets (100%)> involves maintenance of trucking sheet for time sheets, checking to ensure correct allocations are used. Review the monthly Timesheet tracking sheet for all GOAL <<Country>> staff and test labour costs charged to donors to ensure they are adequately supported by timesheets (reconcile with leave, training etc.) and check the filling of time sheets if it is done correctly.
- Review the Audit control file and ensure the documentation for cost apportionment to donors is properly filed for ease identification in an audit.
- Review donor files to ensure they are well maintained in accordance with GOAL Grant management guidelines; ensure all donor files have a final signed copy of contract, signed amendments etc.
- Test sampled stock purchases to ensure physical count agrees with stock card balance, correct donor codes, proof of distribution, correct value is recorded etc. Note; Testing templates will be provided.
- Review of FAR to ensure new and old assets are properly recorded i.e. correct value, asset and donor codes and check physical existence of assets.
- Review allocations spread sheet located on controls file for the particular months in the quarter.
- Stay informed of and ensure adherence to the standard of GOAL procedures, policies, internal controls as set out in the relevant manuals, policies and guidelines.
- Stay Informed of and ensure adherence to the government regulations and providing updates for changes in regulations to management staff.
- Ensure that action point tracker is developed and maintained up-to-date with regular follow-ups on open issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A University graduate in finance or related field.
- CPA, CCA or CIMA; minimum level II is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in auditing and compliance.
- Previous NGO experience and knowledge of Donor rules and regulations is required.
- Experience in preparation of presentations for Meetings
- Very good analysis and report writing skills required.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Organized, flexible and ability to respond to changing priorities
- Willingness to travel to field sites on a regular basis
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills while interacting with Colleagues and Partners
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a range of background checks. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference) and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: email@example.com indicating the title ‘Internal Auditor & Compliance Officer’ in the subject line by 3rd July 2020. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 3rd July 2020