Internal Auditor Job Careers – National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC)
Organization: National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC) is a corporate autonomous statutory body/agency under the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoE&S) responsible for the development of educational curricula for primary, secondary and some tertiary institutions in Uganda. Its functions include, inter alia, initiating processes for curricula research, review and/or reform, updating, testing and coordinating the implementation of educational curricula at all levels of learning (Primary, Secondary and Tertiary) as well as promulgation of guidance for the implementation of improved educational curricula and pedagogy.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will be in charge of strategizing, implementing, coordinating and monitoring the Centre’s internal audit activities and ensuring provision of an efficient and effective risk based audit coverage of the Centre operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the annual operation risk based audit plan for the Department
- Oversee the management and implementation of internal audits by ensuring that they are managed and conducted in the most transparent manner and in accordance with the International Professional Practice Framework, international auditing standards, policies and procedures.
- Taking the lead to ensure that all audit reports are completed in time and that the quality of the reports provides Management and the
- Audit Committee with comprehensive information for appropriate decision making:
- Taking the lead to track and follow up the implementation of audit recommendations by Management, to mitigate further risk to the Centre.
- To lead the Internal Audit Department staff in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent customer service and high standards
- Develop/review the Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Policies
- Be the secretary to the audit Committee
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators
- Annual risk Audit plan developed.
- Ensure that Internal Audits are conducted in accordance with IPSAS.
- Audit reports are completed and recommendations thereto are implemented in time.
- Ensure that Audit policies are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Staff are mentored and empowered
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related fields
- An Honors degree in Commerce (Accounting), BBA (Accounting),
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or other business related field with Accounting from a recognised Institution
- Full professional qualification in ACCA, or CPA, or CIA or related field
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Uganda
- Eight (8) years’ experience in an auditing role with at least 4 years managing and leading a functional team at senior level in public sector.
- Knowledge and experience with International Accounting and Auditing Standards including IPSAS.
- Auditing skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Report Writing and investigative skills.
- Critical thinking and Analytical Skills
- Computer skills
- High level of integrity
- Team building and decision making skills.
- Age Limit: 35 to 55 years.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit six hard/soft copies of the application to the office of the Director OR firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the following:
- Letter expressing interest in the job;
- A detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, signed and dated by the applicant;
- Certified copies of academic Transcripts and Certificates;
- Copies of letters of relevant appointments;
- Copies of the applicant’s National Identity Card or Biodata pages of the Passport;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be advised to send their reference letters under Confidential cover to the Secretary, NCDC Governing Council.
Sealed applications with the position applied for and the applicant’s name indicated on the top right corner of the envelope should be addressed and submitted to:
NCDC Governing Council,
P.O. Box 7002
Deadline: 3rd November 2020