IT Infrastructure Manager Job Careers – Opportunity Bank
Organization: Opportunity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head IT Operations
Opportunity Bank is a Commercial Bank licensed and supervised by Bank of Uganda. We are the Bank of choice for all who aspire to a life of dignity and purpose. We offer innovative technology-led financial solutions and training to transform lives and Communities. We do this with care, respect and in a sustainable way.
Job Summary: The purpose of IT infrastructure Manager is to provide structure and control of the functions responsible for diverse technical operations which generally involve hardware, software, and networking in both physical and virtual environments. The main goal is to minimize downtime and maintain business productivity. The incumbent will develop and manage all Network and system operations for the Bank’s information Technology (IT) and ensure that adequate capacity, system availability and excellent user support is provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver and manage the technology infrastructure for all production environments
- Ensure that the infrastructure solutions and environment are maintained
- Ensure the effective project management of infrastructure environments
- Support the recruitment of key talent for staff appointments where required
- Design and execute short plus long term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs.
- Develop, execute and oversee procedures, policies and related training plans for project management and infrastructure administration.
- Manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations.
- Conduct research and recommend changes in services, products, protocols and standards to support development efforts and infrastructure procurement.
- Supervise data center group and lead, direct and utilize knowledge on best practices in area related to infrastructure.
- Define and manage IT Disaster Recovery Strategy for organization.
- Define software and hardware standards in collaboration with stakeholders and owners.
- Test server performance plus provide network presentation statistics.
- Report and prepare strategies to maintain server infrastructure.
- Ensure apt security levels on network, infrastructure and servers are maintained.
- Oversee operational costs, conduct near along with long-term financial estimates for expanded functionality and user base.
- Direct and administer conditional network analysts plus technicians to provide leadership and direction.
- Ensure to practice IT asset management inclusive of component inventory maintenance and associated documentation.
- Negotiate with outsourcers, vendors and contractors for infrastructure-specific products and services secure.
- Perform feasibility studies for different upgrade projects, conversions and improvements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Opportunity Bank IT Infrastructure Manager job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
- 5 years experience: A minimum of 3 years in an infrastructure environment with 2 years supervisory/ management experience
- Training in GSM, IT Security, ITIL, business continuity, business risk management
- Financial acumen
- Problem solving
- Project budgeting
- ITIL standards
- Service Level Agreement Management
- Project prioritization
- Project communication, planning and management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and reporting skills
- Analytical Skills
- Data Analysis skills
- Information Management
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should their signed application letters together with their curriculum vitae to:
The Head of Human Resources
Opportunity Bank Uganda Limited
Plot 1259, Old Kira Road
Email to: email@example.com
Kindly note only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan. We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.
Deadline: 13th November 2020