Job Hunting Training (CV, Application Writing, Interview Guide) – iPerformance Uganda Ltd
JOB HUNTING TRAINING (CV, Application Writing and Interviews)
Statistically, Uganda has one of the highest unemployment rates of 83% in the East African region. That’s a hard fact owing to the fact that we actually post over 30,000 jobs annually. Following our recent survey and engagements with employers, the highest feedback we got from them is that many job seekers appear not to understand the job requirements of the adverts they send to us. There are many myths about recruitment and how employers are biased or already have their people before they post the job adverts. Strangely though, all education institutions empower us with knowledge and skills to thrive on the job but never teach us the basics of marketing ourselves. As a testimony, we do have a person who has changed jobs 13 times all using theugandanjobline.com as their job source for the last 6 years we have been in existence.
Rationale of Training:
This training seeks to guide fresh graduates, the under-employed, those stuck in the same position for over 3 years, recruiters and even students who seek to discover the art of job searching particularly the skills of selling yourself and acing any job interview.
Ask yourself some questions:
- How does your resume / CV look like?
- Can you write a good application letter?
- Do know how to sell yourself?
- Do you know how enter an interview room and answer questions satisfactorily?
Who is this course for?
iPerformance Uganda Ltd is organizing this Job Hunting Training for professionals of all levels and all fields from fresh graduates, students, under-employed, over employed, those that can’t change jobs, seemingly contented, seeking to change careers, etc to aid them in mapping out their career paths and moving to the next levels.
Lesson 1: Job Hunting Guide
- Knowing Yourself:
- What do you want from a job?
- Recognizing your skills
- Knowing Employers:
- Business Types and Industries
- Interpreting Job Ads
- Resume/Cover Letter Building: How to write an impressive resume / CV
- Job Application: Cover Letter
Lesson 2: Handling the Interview
- Preparation Do and Don’ts: Strategies, tips and techniques for job interviews (Marketing your skills)
- Dress for Success: How to dress properly and professionally for men & women
- Critical Success Factors: What employers are looking for
- Handling interview questions : Review Common interview questions and preparing for responses
- Handling the Interview (Role Play): Evaluate results/Giving Feedback
BOOK your Place now!! (Limited Spaces)
Event: Training Opportunity in Job Hunting (CVs and applications)
Venue: MUBS Bugolobi Annex
Date: Saturday, 1st July 2017 (9 am – 4pm)
Booking Fee: UGX. 30,000 /= only including lunch and a certificate
Contact: 0770 829220 (iPerformance Uganda Ltd) Office line