Junior Study Coordinator Non-profit Jobs – Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
Job Summary: The Junior Study Coordinator will coordinate Phase II of the SEARCH IPT study as well as coordinate administrative activities for the study in the region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in developing essential study documents, formulate training materials, coordinate and participate in the trainings of these documents to study staff.
- Participating in making the standard operating procedures and ensuring that staff understand and adhere to SOPs and other study guidelines.
- Planning and preparing for meetings with District Health Officers (DHOs) and District TB/Leprosy supervisors (DTLS) according to the study protocol.
- Presenting study related material to DHOs/DTLS and facilitating discussions at SEARCHIPT study meetings.
- Work with DHOs to plan and conduct Trainer of Trainers (ToT) meetings in the districts using the SEARCH-IPT Business curriculum and to provide technical support to them where necessary.
- Keep track of all ToT meetings in districts participating in the SEARCH-IPT intervention and document them accordingly.
- Ensure collection of routine data on variables of interest to the SEARCH-IPT study from the District Health Information System (DHIS2) with support from your supervisor.
- Ensure timely reporting and submission of all study updates and progress reports to the study team as required.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to other members of the SEARCH-IPT study team.
- Work as the liaison coordinator between SEARCH-IPT and participating District Local Governments & Implementing Partners personnel. In consultation with the supervisor may be delegated to represent SEARCH-IPT at meetings with implementing partners.
- Liaise with procurement department to quantify consumption and ensure that the necessary supplies and logistics needed to run the study are in place.
- Number of DHO meetings successfully planned, executed with reports submitted to the study team.
- Participation in development of study SOPs.
- Number of ToT meetings successfully attended in participating districts.
- Ensure that all SEARCH-IPT data is complete and collected as per the study protocol and SOPs.
- Study and organizational meetings actively participated in.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in human medicine and Surgery from a reputable institution.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health is an added advantage.
- At least two years’ progressive work experience in a clinical and/or research setting.
- Must be registered with and licensed by UMDPC with up to date APL
- Excellent Oral and communication skills
- Demonstrate teamwork; he or she must work collaboratively with teammates to achieve organizational goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications .
- Fast paced and ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional important comments:
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.
Deadline: 24th May 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE