About Kenya Technical Trainers College
Welcome to Ugfacts.net/ke, on this page you will find details on Kenya Technical Trainers College KTTC Admissions And Intake 2021 – 2022. It is our aim to provide this information as accurately as possible. Kindly check out our top pages on KUCCPS Admission letters 2021-2022 – KUCCPS Admission Lists 2021-2022 – Fees Structure for All Institutions – 2021-2022 Intake for Schools and List of Courses Offered.
Details on Kenya Technical Trainers College KTTC Admissions And Intake 2021 – 2022 is presented below. Kindly leave any questions or enquiries in the comment section and we shall reply to you directly. Enjoy your read on Kenya Technical Trainers College KTTC Admissions And Intake 2021 – 2022 !.
About Kenya Technical Trainers College | History of Kenya Technical Trainers College, Kenya Technical Trainers College Mission and Vision and its Core Values. See details below…
HISTORY OF KTTC
The Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC) is a Government Institution under the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology. KTTC was established with the primary objective of training technically skilled personnel, to not only teach in Technical Institutions but, also for employment in all sectors of the economy. With the mushrooming of Harambee Institutes (HITS); the introduction of Technical Training Institutes, the opening of private and other Government Training Institutes, the demand for technical teachers increased. As a result, the Kenya Government held discussions with the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) between 1973 and 1978.
The Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC) opened its doors to the first students in 1978. The then-president, H.E. Daniel T. Arap Moi, EGH, MP officially opened the college on 16th March 1979. Since then, the college has continued to develop, in terms of courses and student enrollment. It is among the leading colleges of this kind in Eastern and Central Africa. KTTCderives its authority from the Education Act Cap 211 (revised in 1980) and Legal Notice N0 242 of 1978, which mandates it to train technical teachers for technical institutions in the country.
Initially, the bulk of teaching staffs were Canadians. However, immediate steps were taken by CIDA to train Kenyans in Canadian Universities. Between 1978-1993 about 135 Kenyans effectively replaced Canadian teaching staff at the Kenya Technical Teachers College. This was one of the most successful CIDA projects in Kenya. The first graduation was held in 1979.
The core functions of the KTTC are as follows:
- Training of Technical Trainers to teach in secondary schools and tertiary institutions.
- Implementation of various syllabi under TIVET Programs in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Development of relevant syllabi for technical training in collaboration with stakeholders.
- To develop, administer and process examinations and award certificates, diploma, and higher diploma to successful candidates.
- Development and implementation of curricula in response to demands of the labor market.
- Promotion of entrepreneurial skill and culture within the KTTC staff and students.
- Undertaking of Income generating activities through production, consultancy, and tailor made short courses, part-time courses, facility hiring and hospitality services to complement government grants and fees revenue.
- To conduct applied research and promote innovation.
To foster linkages with industry and other institutions for promotion of quality and relevant training.
A first class Institution in Technical Teacher Education and Technology.
To provide quality training in technical teacher education and technology by offering relevant programmes.
Training of technical teachers for all technical training institution in the country.
Our core values
- Transparency and Accountability
- Professionalism and Integrity
- Innovation and Creativity
- Quality Service Delivery
- Diligence and Commitment to Duty
- Efficiency and Timeliness
- Flexibility in Service Delivery
Egerton University Admissions
Tangaza College Admissions 2021/2022