Head of Procurement – Jobs in Kenya
- Collaborate with segments leads to ensure that business operational and strategic procurement needs are optimally achieved
- Plan and coordinate all interactions with suppliers to identify and realize new value and reduce risk
- Ensures the development, review and updating of policies and procedures for procurement in line with the business needs.
- Review and approve each sourcing category strategy
- Monitor supply markets and trends (including price changes, possible shortages, and changes in suppliers), interpret the impact of these trends on the Britam procurement strategy and advice on supply options and contingency plans that support the company’s needs.
- Ensure effective contract management
- As a member of the tender committee, champions the:
- Development of prequalification requirements for third-party service providers.
- Periodic prequalification and due diligence on selected suppliers – in order to ensure quality is achieved at the most reasonable cost and in line with policies and procedures.
- Regular reports e.g. tender committee expenditure reports
- Publish list of prequalified suppliers and capture in the supplier master file – ERP
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure quality and cost-effective supplies are procured
- Maintain records on the performance of suppliers for purposes of providing performance feedback and updating service provider lists
- Review procurement requisitions against company policies and approve relevant requisitions for the development of purchase orders
- Key partner in budgeting process and preparation of the annual procurement plan
- Ensure adherence to procurement procedures locally and regionally
Key Performance Measures
- Adherence to procurement procedures locally and regionally
- Contract Management
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, Business Administration/Management or related field
- Masters is an added advantage
- Hold a Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or its equivalent
- Be a member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- At least 7- 10 years’ experience in Procurement in a busy organization, 3 – 4 years of which must be at manager level.
Missed This Job? or Interested in More Job Offers? Click here for the Latest Kenya Jobs, Opportunities and Recruitments