Kenya Prisons Services Intake Deadline 2023-2024
Kenya Prisons Services Intake; See details on Kenya Prisons Services Intake
Kenya Prison Service Application Requirements
See Intake Details HERE
To become a member of the KPS, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements;
- Interested candidates must hold the KCSE with a minimum grade of D+ or its equivalent from a recognized school
- Applicants must be citizens of Kenya
- You must be aged 18 – 28 for high school leavers
- Applicants must ensure that they are physically and mentally fit
- Male applicants must be taller than 5.4 feet while female applicants must be taller than 5’’2
- You must have good hearing and a clear vision
- Must not have been involved in criminal activity in the past
- Female applicants must not be pregnant during the application or during the training period
- All applicants are expected to come with their original national ID card, KRA PIN Certificate, Educational Certificate, as well as their testimonials on the day of accomplishment
- Applicants can bear associate intensive Government sponsored professional paramilitary program for a period of 9 months
- During the process of the skilled coaching, recruits are to register for a Self-Sponsored Certificate in Security and Correctional Science offered by Kenyatta University
Applicants are to note that Bribery and other illicit acts of lobbying in a desperate attempt to ensure that they are offered positions in KPS are tagged illegal and offenders would be disqualified and made to face the full wrath of the law.
Also, any applicant who presents a fake certificate or false information about their bio-data would be disqualified and prosecuted.
Kenya Prisons Service Required Academic Qualifications
Application into Kenya Prison Service is open to technicians and artisans. This group of people must possess some stipulated certificate to be considered for a place in KPS
Technicians – Candidates applying as technicians are required to hold relevant certificate/diploma from reputable institutions
Artisans – Persons applying as artisans are required to hold a minimum grade of D+ in their Kenyan Certificate Examination.
Artisans may also present Certificates in Government Trade or Certificate in Craft.
In addition to the certificates, applicants are required to have a minimum working experience of 2 years.
READ MORE ON KENYA PRISONS SERVICE https://www.prisons.go.ke/