Machakos University MksU Department of Educational Management and Curriculum Studies
Welcome to Ugfacts.net/ke, on this page you will find details on Machakos University Admissions and Intake 2021-2022. It is our aim to provide this information as accurately as possible. Kindly check out our top pages on KUCCPS Admission letters 2021-2022 – KUCCPS Admission Lists 2021-2022 – Fees Structure for All Institutions – 2021-2022 Intake for Schools and List of Courses Offered.
Details on Machakos University Admissions and Intake 2021-2022 is presented below. Kindly leave any questions or enquiries in the comment section and we shall reply to you directly. Enjoy your read on Machakos University Admissions and Intake 2021-2022 !.
MksU Department of Educational Management | See and read on the overview and the list of courses offered at the Department of Educational Management and Curriculum Studies.
About MksU Department of Educational Management and Curriculum Studies
The department offers training for trainee teachers in educational administration and planning, economics of education and curriculum studies. The department also houses the department of educational foundations whose areas of specialization are Philosophy of Education, History of Education, sociology of Education and Comparative education. The progammes offered in the department include Doctor of Philosophy in Education (Educational Administration, Educational Planning, Curriculum Studies and Economics of Education), Master of Education (Educational Administration, Educational Planning, Curriculum Development and Economics of Education), and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Bachelor of Education Degree Programmes and Diploma in Education. The teaching staff in the department include three senior lecturers and three assistant lecturers. There is also one administrative assistant. The department works closely with other departments within the school and the university to meet the core business of the school which is to provide high quality teacher training and research for the benefit of the country. The department endeavors to produce high quality teachers and educational managers who will drive Kenya towards the realization of the Vision 2030 and the Sustainable development Goals. The programs offered in the department are very popular with practicing teachers and educational managers. The programs are offered through regular, part-time/institution based, evening and weekend modes.
MksU Department of Educational Management and Curriculum Studies Courses Offered
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN EDUCATION (EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION, EDUCATIONAL PLANNING, CURRICULUM STUDIES AND ECONOMICS OF EDUCATION)
- A holder of a Master degree from a recognized University in areas of specialization relevant to disciplines in the school of Education Must have covered at-least five (5) Units at M.Ed level in area of specialization with B and above or equivalent grade Must show ability to undertake academic research in the areas of specialization
MASTER OF EDUCATION (EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION, EDUCATIONAL PLANNING, CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT AND ECONOMICS OF EDUCATION)
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degree with 2nd Class Honour’s (Upper Division) from a recognized institution.
- Those with Second Class (Lower Division) may be considered on condition that they have Grade C and above in units relevant to their specialization
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE)
- Bachelor Degree or its equivalent from recognized institution
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (ARTS)
- Minimum of C+ (plus) in KCSE or equivalent with at least C + (plus) in two teaching subjects and C+ (plus) in Mathematics OR minimum of C (plain) in KCSE or equivalent with a Diploma in Education and at least C + (plus) in two teaching subjects.
DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (ARTS)
- KCSE Mean Grade of C+ with at least C+ in two teaching Subject And at least D+ (Plus) in Mathematics
- Machakos University Department of ECE and ECT
- Machakos University Department of Teaching Practice and Part Time Program
- Machakos University Department of Educational Psychology and Special Needs Education
21Machakos University Schools.
Egerton University Admissions