Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist USAID ICAN Project Jobs – Abt Associates
Organisation: Abt Associates
Project Name: USAID/Uganda’s Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition (ICAN) Activity
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
About USAID ICAN Project:
Abt Associates is implementing the USAID/Uganda’s Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition (ICAN) Activity, which will aim to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households by increasing economic opportunities for poor households, improving nutrition with a focus on women and children, and strengthening community and local governance.
Job Summary: The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist: is responsible for designing and implementing ICAN’s Knowledge Management and Communications outreach strategies, overseeing the production of ICAN reports, storage and management of Activity knowledge materials, publication of success stories, guide the publication of technical notes/briefs, and overseeing the projects Branding; and Marketing Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the integrated to changing circumstances during implementation.
- Provide expertise in the development of tools and guidance to support knowledge management (KM) practices within ICAN and its partners.
- Provide facilitation, content management, and KM support for ICAN.
- Provide KM technical assistance to ICAN partners to improve their knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Assist in providing capacity building to ICAN team members and partners on KM best practices and methodologies.
- Create and disseminate appropriate communication products via relevant channels. This may include traditional media, new media, on-ground and public relations. Ensure key messages are delivered to the relevant target audience in a consistent manner across all channels.
- Develop success stories and technical briefs for internal and external publications. Ensure consistent and coherent corporate and editorial style across all outpus including media and audiovisual material, publications, documentation and internal materials.
- Develop weekly bullets summarizing activity progress, challenges, successes and learning.
- With ﬁeld office staff and home office project team, coordinate production of, format, and edit monthly, quarterly and annual reports,
- Champion innovative and nimble methods to drive Knowledge Management communications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist Position should hold a Master’s Degree and at least 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior experience working on donor funded projects, preferably with USAID.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to apply online at the link below.