Laboratory Division Head Employment Opportunity – Abacus Medical Appliances Ltd (AMAL)
Organisation: Abacus Medical Appliances Ltd (AMAL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Department: Sales and Marketing.
Abacus Medical Appliances Ltd (AMAL) turns ideas into life changing diagnostics. Working with Amal means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Amal is focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around East Africa. It commits to those areas where we think we can really change the course of diagnostics and bring big new ideas to life.
Abacus Medical Appliances Ltd (Amal) provide a wide variety of health equipment products for the local market at affordable prices and are now operational in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya and are working towards expanding to the rest of Africa to become the leading distributor in Africa.
Job Summary: As Head of department – Laboratory, for the Uganda Territory, he/she will play a pivotal role in channeling our capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/she will provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to the sales/technical team in order to achieve performance objectives; this is accomplished by achieving field day requirements and through effective coaching, mentoring and utilization of resources aligned with organizational vision by developing people.
- Drive business by observing sales specialists’ interactions with key customers, providing individual coaching and feedback to develop sales specialists for success in current role and for future growth. As a role model and a liaison you will inspire commitment, trust, collaboration and motivation for the shared vision by facilitating team communication, morale and effectiveness within your own work unit and/or cross functional teams.
- He/she will actively seek to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by building relationships, identifying strategic business opportunities and delivering innovative solutions.
- Manage multiple priorities and resources related to individual and group efforts.
- Take responsibility for redirecting efforts as needed to deliver high productivity and quality of work from self and others. You will be asked to demonstrate strong business ethics, understand basic business principles and interpret resources available to make sound business decision to help achieve standards of business excellence.
- Prepare an analysis of closing stock
- Produce regular reports; recommend Machine to purchase as well as pricing policy, and advise Management on the market level.
Other operational duties and responsibilities.
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel.
- Provide staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties.
- Monitor sales staff performance to ensure that goals are met.
- Formulate pricing policies on merchandise according to profitability requirements.
- Hire, train, and evaluate personnel.
- Analyze details of sales territories to assess their growth potential and to set quotas.
- Attend company meetings to exchange product information and coordinate work activities with other departments.
- Prepare sales and inventory reports for management and budget departments.
- Plan and prepare work schedules, and assign employees to specific duties.
- Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or performing specific services.
- Visit retailers and sales representatives to promote products and gather information.
- Prepare rental or lease agreements, specifying charges and payment procedures for use of machinery, tools, or other items.
- Keep records pertaining to purchases, sales, and requisitions.
- Inventory stock and reorder when inventories drop to specified levels.
- Examine merchandise to ensure correct pricing and display, and that it functions as advertised.
- Coordinate sales promotion activities, such as preparing merchandise displays and advertising copy.
- Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to determine product condition.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in field of Biomedical/Laboratory technician from recognized university.
- 3+ years’ experience with consistent success in sales or healthcare sales within Laboratory
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, financial management and written and oral communications skills
- Experience in managing large business units with at least sales records of Ugx 40-50 million per month.
- Knowledge of the marketing strategies is added advantage.
- Familiar with the use MS Office.
- Must have a valid driving permit.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Learning Strategies – Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation – Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
How to Apply:
Only candidates who meet the minimum criteria as outlined as above are invited to send a comprehensive CV and copies of certificates in one Pdf document to email@example.com
Kindly mark your application as “Application _ “Laboratory Division Head.” _ in the subject line of your email and addressed to Group Human Resources Manager, Abacus pharma (A) Limited, Plot No.28B-32B-34B, PO Box 31376 Coronation Avenue, UMA Show Grounds Lugogo Kampala, Uganda
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that recruitment department will review applications based on a first come first serve basis and might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should suitable candidates have been found.
Deadline: 31st July 2020 by 5:00pm