Laboratory Supply Chain Specialist Job Careers – Beyond Logistics Ltd (BLL)
Organization: Beyond Logistics Ltd (BLL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Business Solutions
Beyond Logistics Ltd (BLL) is a Ugandan organization providing 3rd & 4th Party Logistics services, health commodities and medical devices to organizations that are futuristic.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for the effective management of all the company’s laboratory supply chain management activities. These shall include effective facility level support supervision, mentorship, capacity building and inventory management support to ensure timely reporting and sustained availability of quality laboratory products. The job holder shall collaborate with partners at sub-national level to support the laboratory services improvement, supply chain management, and strengthening of quantification processes for laboratory products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to the Head Business Solutions to ensure supported clients meet national laboratory standards
- Support the effective utilization of laboratory logistics information to ensure effective and sustained availability of laboratory products.
- Conduct regular mentorship and support supervision visits to all targeted health facilities in the country on laboratory products supply management.
- Conduct regular trainings on use of Laboratory Management Information System tools and related documents to improve availability of laboratory products at IP/health facility level.
- Support facilities/ BLL clients on proper stock management and calculation for all laboratory products
- Design and conduct regular laboratory supply chain data quality assessment activities in line with company SOPs.
- Identify and develop action plans to ensure improvement in quantification and reporting quality for laboratory products
- Plan and do lot to lot verification of laboratory commodities at warehouse level, before they are distributed to end users.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree in Medical or Bio-medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Additional qualification and experience in logistics and supply chain management is an added advantage
- A minimum of three years of working experience in management of similar equipment.
- The ideal candidate is assertive and has excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; builds good client & customer relationships
- Is solution oriented with a high sense of attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Can manage multiple priorities, including quick response to emergencies within deadlines while delivering high quality work.
- Writes accurate, legible maintenance reports. Highly skilled in Microsoft Office suite applications.
How to Apply:
All applicants should write your cover letter by email. Include the Position you are applying for in the subject / header of the mail. DO NOT attach a separate cover letter; your cover letter should be in the body of the email. Only ONE ATTACHMENT no greater than 2MB file size is allowed. The attachment should contain your CV and any other supporting documents. Submit the application email and attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications outside the above procedure may be disqualified.
Deadline: 16th September 2020 by 5:00pm