Land & Social Lead Coordinator Jobs – Q-Sourcing Servtec
Job Title: Land & Social Lead Coordinator
Organization: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan. On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Land & Social Lead Coordinator to work in Kampala.
Job Summary: The Client Project consists of construction and maintenance of a crude oil export pipeline which runs 1443km from Kibaale in Hoima to the marine port of Tanga in Tanzania. The Ugandan Section is approximately 296km. Given the Company and Project commitments, the social context in the pipeline area and the impacts of the Project set out in the ESIA and HRIA and external financing requirements, achieving excellence in Social Performance Management is a critical objective for the Project. Starting from 2021, Social performance management will include management of stakeholder and community engagement, management of human rights and social risks and impacts, working with the engineering team and future contractors on social requirements as well as oversight during construction. The Social lead will manage a team of national experts and work with international and local consultants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Stakeholder Engagement
- Ensuring finalization and updates of the Uganda section Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) and overseeing Execution of stakeholder engagement planning in line with the SEP
- Ensuring local authorities, communities and civil society including NGOs are engaged with and consulted on Project status and activities.
- Ensuring consistency of messaging at the local authority and community level.
- Management and responses to community concerns, questions, expectations, and grievances.
- Maintenance of an updated stakeholder mapping in liaison with other Project teams and contractors.
- Supervises the production and distribution of appropriate disclosure materials, including alternative methods to communicate effectively with specific stakeholders (e.g. local communities) in coordination with the Communication team.
- Coordinates with the Land teams on engagement requirements to support land acquisition activities.
- Provides responses to questions and information requests from NGOs, CSOs and external parties.
- Identifies the need for specific social studies and defines the scope, manages the execution process; priorities will include human rights, gender, PIIM, among others.
- Track’s implementation of the Human Rights Work plan and Human Rights Working Group recommendations
- Ensures engineering team and future constructions contractors are aware of the requirements of the Social Contractor Control plans provides inputs to build capacity to apply the requirements.
- Ensure appropriate oversight and monitoring of social performance during construction activities.
- Identifying and tracking social risks, reporting them through the social risk register
- Monitoring and reporting against the Project consolidated Commitment Register.
- Recruits and manages the social performance and stakeholder engagement team.
- Leads, mentors, coaches, and manages the social performance team, participates in the training of team and regular coaching.
- Ensures that the Borealis tool is used effectively to track stakeholder engagements, stakeholder concerns and expectations, stakeholder grievances, social risks.
- Reports weekly to the Land and Social Manager on stakeholder engagement and social studies progress against schedule and objectives.
- Ensure the production of monthly reports on social performance to the Land and Social Manager as well as production of an Annual Project Report
- Provides relevant information to the organization Land and Social Manager on emerging risks to client Project image, staff, and assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate qualification in a social science or related discipline required.
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience in social performance management including in management and leadership roles required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the extractive industry required.
- Experience of working on investor financed industrial projects and application of the compliance requirements required.
- Professional experience at an international level including in challenging social contexts required.
- Proven experience of Developing and Implementing Social Performance Strategies in Internationally Funded extractive projects.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Negotiation, conflict management skills.
- Good Computer skills; report writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written English required, French or Luganda an advantage
How to Apply: All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TLC-LSOC-LAND & SOCIAL LEAD COORDINATOR”. Click here to apply: OR Send your updated cv to email@example.com NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION. Deadline: 12th April 2021 by 12:00 pm