Legal Assistant Recovery Job Vacancy – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Legal Assistant Recovery will be responsible for implementing legal action for the non-performing portfolio of the Bank as guided by the Bank’s Policies and existing Laws in order to maintain the Bank’s asset quality in addition to managing litigation risk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide cost effective and timely legal advisory services and support to the Credit Recovery Function of the Bank in order to foster effective management of Regulatory and Litigation risk and to facilitate the recovery of Non-Performing loans.
- Co-ordinate the conduct of litigation matters in liaison with External Advocates, Baliffs which includes but is not limited to reviewing pleadings, preparing instructions, supporting Bank witnesses, instituting the suits, coordinating hearing dates and providing necessary documents to support timely resolution of the Bank’s cases.
- Represent the Bank in Courts of Law, other fora of Alternative Dispute Resolution and participate in negotiating settlements in liaison with the Bank’s External Advocates and/ or the Credit Department.
- Conduct due diligence on non-performing loans forwarded for legal action to support recovery and to ensure compliance with the legal regime and Bank policies and implement the appropriate action.
- Advise the credit department on the legislation on recovery of loans and Follow up, monitor the debt collectors to ensure all recovery mechanisms are done within the law
- Maintain schedules of up-to-date litigation and recovery cases and prepare reports on litigation and recovery cases for Management consideration within the required timelines.
- Address external and internal customer queries in accordance to Bank Policy/ Service Level Agreement standards and timelines.
- Maintain a record of relevant litigation and recovery correspondence/ files and ensure safe custody thereof.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited Legal Assistant Recovery job must hold a Bachelor of Laws (LLB -Hons) from a recognized University.
- A Diploma in legal Practices from the Law Development Centre
- At least one (1) year of experience in post training experience and admission to practice law in Uganda
- Sound understanding of the laws and regulations relating to financial institutions.
- Litigation risk management
- Demonstrate team building, excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to exercise integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please submit an application letter together with an up to date CV to our email only: email@example.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line e.g. “Legal Assistant Recovery”).
Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
Deadline: 15th July 2020