Legal Officer Job Careers – Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Organization: Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer (Contracts)
The Uganda National Company Limited (UNOC) was established under section 42 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and Section 7 of the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream Storage) Act, both of 2013, and incorporated under the Companies Act 2012, in June 2015. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The Company’s key mandate is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the oil and gas
industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer is responsible for handling day to day legal responsibilities and providing support in contracts negotiations and drafting, provisions of legal advisory services, drafting of relevant policies and supporting management of Company compliance matters
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different contracts and other related documents.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to Project Managers or other operational staff, including training to new Project Managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Assist in developing and implementing procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policies.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility, awareness and interpretation to support implementation.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.) and file all necessary documentation for compliance of the company.
- Track and ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various company legal matters.
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in law (LLB).
- A diploma in legal practice
- The candidate must have five (5) years’ experience in a busy corporate entity of high repute
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with contracts and compliance aspects.
- The candidate must have excellent analytical, research and drafting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A proven high level of integrity and an ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply:
Electronically completed and signed Applications Forms together with certified copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted to the address below.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Job Application Form can be downloaded here
Applications should be submitted online to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive Officer
Uganda National Oil Company
Plot 15, Yusuf Lule Road
Deadline: Monday 10th August 2020 at 5:00 pm