LG Operations Support Officer Jobs – Barclays Bank
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: LG operations Support
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The LG Operations Support Manager will be member of Operations Retail Service team, Providing key support in the management of accounts and loans being processed in the LG team. The incumbent will;
- Vet all application forms for KYC compliance.
- Review new accounts( Personal ,Local Business & Corporate) to ensure 100% Kyc Compliance
- Provide Regular management information on the KYC Performance.
- Authorize work done in the system.
- Ensure adequate storage of all application forms
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage the Process of Vetting Application Forms for KYC Compliance (80%)
- Process all application forms including dispensation forms against KYC checklist for KYC Compliance.
- Ensure all accounts processed are compliant and forwarded to operations with Run sheets
- Ensure no returns for accounts and loans from BSS (Loans and accounts)
- Ensure returns are rectified immediately
- Authorize work done by inputters
- Originate the daily MI report on loan performance, accounts submitted and those returned
- Work in partnership with colleagues and proactively anticipate, respond and seek to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Maintain the service level agreement (SLA) between the team and branches/centers.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Risk Management (10%)
- “Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
People Management (10%)
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognized through the Barclays Africa recognition schemes.
- Train staff to Get it Right First time, monitor poor performance
- Maintain a close working relationship with the entire team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Barclays Bank UK LG Operations Support Officer job placement should have three years of general banking experience
- 6 months account opening experience in the bank
- A level or equivalent qualification with good pass in English and Mathematics
- Broad understanding of bank products
- Good understanding of account opening
- Good working knowledge of mandates
- Excellent knowledge of KYC
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to account opening
- Performance Development – Team Member
- Foundation Banking
- Basel II
- Customer service ethics
- Anti-money laundering policy knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Good knowledge of KYC.
- Good computer application skills (MS Word ,Excel & Outlook
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.