Logistics Assistant NGO Jobs – Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International)
Organisation: Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International)
Duty Station: Rhino Settlement Extension Omugo, Uganda
Reports to: Sub Base Supervisor
Starting Salary: UGX 1,319,623 monthly gross
Humanity & Inclusion (formerly Handicap International) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Handicap International is outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant (General Means) will manage the Omugo Sub Base office’s logistics in compliance with HI’s internal framework and institutional donor regulations so as to ensure on-going logistical support for the Field activities of Rhino, Imvepi and Omugo.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Steering the Sub Base Field logistics management
- Apply logistics procedures for equipment, vehicle fleets, power supply and telecommunications, in compliance with the legal framework, internal and donor regulations
- Update monitoring tables so as to have reliable information permanently to hand
- Follow up the compliance and implementation of logistics procedures at field level
- Ensure the filing and archiving of logistics documents at sub base level
- Assist with the Follow up and implementation of equipment management procedures (ICT policy).
- Set up and monitor Equipment Monitoring Charts (EMC); ensure the reliability of the data they contain and the filing and archiving of documents pertaining to them
- Monitor entries and withdrawals for each equipment group from the Sub Base office.
- Ensure the installation, maintenance, monitoring and traceability of equipment (computer, power-supply, communication
Managing/overseeing the management of Stock and storage facilities)
- Set up and control the physical management of stocks and storage premises
- Set up and monitor stock management procedures
- Receives and issue out items of stock from the ware house upon authorised requisition.
- Make requests for replenishing stock whenever they reach the re-order level.
- Manage the fitting out, upkeep and maintenance of Storage premises, office and Sub Base guest house,
- Monitor the premises’ utility (water, generator, solar lights etc.)
- Ensure the premises are secure (locking systems, first aid kits, extinguishers)
- Manage the logistical organisation of project seminars, awareness raising campaigns and training at Sub Base Level
Participating in the analysis and implementation of the programme’s security rules
- Bring all security information collected that he/she is aware of to the attention of his/her line manager
- Circulate information concerning the security of travel, equipment and premises within the programme activities
- Secure and render visible the premises, vehicles, equipment and individuals as set out in the security rules
Supervise and monitor the Sub Base Security Guards and the Cleaner
- Draw and follow up the weekly duty roaster for the guards.
- Monitor the daily reporting hours of each guard for duty.
- Plan for the leave schedules for the guards and the cleaner.
- Ensure the guards and the cleaner maintain their respective premises clean all the time
Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
- Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI
- rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
- Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team
- Regular refresher training is organized
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International) Logistics Assistant job must hold a University Degree in Procurement or logistics
- Two years of experience in the Logistics Field.
- Proven experience in General services management, Management of technical equipment, Vehicles and Merchandise management
- You require organization skills, ability to make decisions, team player and multi-tasking.
Starting Date: 22nd July 2019
Length of contract: Till 31st December 2019
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter to HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Log. Assistant Application
Deadline: 14th July 2019 by 5:00pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.