Logistics Officer – Lira
Logistics Officer – Lira Job Advert
About the Role
GOAL is currently seeking to hire an experienced and qualified Logistics Officer (1) to join our team in Lira under the Young Africa Works Markets for Youth Programme. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to apply your skills in Logistics. If you are familiar with working within the international development aid sector and have a strong background in the areas mentioned, then this role is perfect for you!
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or any related field.
- At least 3 years work experience with an NGO in a related logistics function
- Basic supervisory skills.
- CIPS Level 4
- Highly organized.
- Strong skills in prioritization.
- Good communication skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fixed Assets Management
- Ensure all assets received have asset tags and are engraved property.
- Follow up the movement of assets and report monthly any discrepancies.
- Manage the shipment of all assets to be repaired; fill out equipment repair form before any repairs of equipment/asset and follow up.
- Ensure that disposal/damage loss report for assets is filled in, and fully signed off.
Stocks & Warehouse Management
- Implementation of all stores management procedures and associated documents in line with GOAL Logistics Manual.
- Educate & coach relevant staff in stores management systems and standards.
- Responsible for managing the logistics stock, including the stationary store, and ensure that the store is clean & tidy at all times.
- Fill, for all movement of goods in and out the stores, all documentation according to the GOAL Logistics Manual.
- Goods Received
- Stock cards
- Delivery documents and packing lists.
- Donation certificates
- Ensure all stores are kept clean and are locked at all times and no materials are missing.
- Monitor the minimum stock levels if applicable and take action accordingly.
- Make the monthly stock report and send to the systems coordinator.
- Update all stock cards with all data (GRN, PO Nos etc.).
- Ensure Internal Requisition Forms (IRFs) are completed for all items requested from stores.
- Share stock reports monthly with Programme staff, management and others as required.
- Assure the good condition of GOAL office premises.
- Responsible for hygiene and tidiness in and around the GOAL premises and the disposal of waste in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure external guard schedule is in place and supervise effectiveness.
- Ensure all security guards are provided with necessary equipment (phone, torch, rain gear, …)
- Keep confidential all sensitive/security related information pertinent or concerning GOAL.
- Ensure regular health and safety checks carried out of the offices (eg fire extinguishers, fire / smoke alarms, fire evacuation procedures, fire blankets, first aid kits, drinking water, garbage disposal, repairs & maintenance etc) and all health and safety equipment in place and operational.
- Ensure office is fumigated for pests regularly, there adequate security measures in place for the compounds, waste disposal system in place for all compounds, there an adequate water supply and appropriate visibility in place at all premises in accordance with donor and GOAL operational requirements.
- Develop and implement maintenance schedule for Generator repairs.
- Responsible and accountable for all supply chain related activities with respect to the following tasks
- Receives purchase requests (PRs) from users and in consultation with the procurement manager, sends out enquiries or request for offer to potential suppliers.
- Receives offers/quotations from suppliers and prepares bid analysis for purchases and have all approvals completed according to the Procurement Chart.
- Ensures that for each article purchased are as per GOAL procurement chart and an official purchase order placed according to the best price in proportion to quality.
- Ensures that purchases are done on timely manner in reference to Procurement chart lead times and update the OTS.
- Ensures that all purchased goods are delivered according to specification to the end customer and/or beneficiaries. If goods are going directly to users/customers, organize their safe keeping in the stores.
- Checks all invoices for logistics services against orders made by the programme.
- Ensures that staff adhere to all GOAL procurement procedures.
- Prepares all needed documents for Finance department, in order to obtain petty cash needed to purchase goods or supplies.
- Prepare payments of suppliers in a timely and accountable process and ensures that all necessary supporting documents are attached.
- Compile a monthly logistics report and send to Systems Coordinator by the 3rd of every month.
- Update the OTS on a daily basis.
General terms and conditions
Code of Conduct and Accountability within GOAL
GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has values and behaviours framework which defines our code of conduct. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability.
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programming); and a market-based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Budaka, Kabarole, Moroto, Hoima, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24-hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service, a flexi-work arrangement and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 3 reference contacts (current or former Line Manager) from the last three employers and daytime contact number to; email@example.com indicating the title “Logistics Officer (Lira)” in the subject line by 14th February 2024. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 14th February 2024