Logistics Supervisor Jobs – Umeme
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Umeme is the largest electricity distribution company in Uganda, with a mandate of operating, maintaining, upgrading and expanding the electricity distribution network, retailing electricity to its customers, improving efficiency within the electricity distribution system. Umeme Limited is listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange and cross-listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange since 2012. Umeme has over 620,000 customers of which 20% are on pre-paid metering, a staff complement of 1,400 employees and has over the last 9 years invested US$ 271 m in the electricity distribution system.
Job Summary: The Logistics Supervisor manages the efficient delivery of imported goods through developing effective logistics strategies for each category.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, execute and provide guidance on inbound logistics management in compliance with regulatory guidelines on taxation, clearing and forwarding, international procurement and other relevant regulations.
- Prepare logistics plans and strategies for each category in collaboration with the respective category manager.
- Keep and update a list of logistics and customs agents and ensuretimely contract renewal for third party logistics suppliers and clearing agents.
- Work closely with the Contracts and Performance Management team to establish that the third party logistics suppliers and customs agents are compliant with all necessary regulations.
- Maintain and manage a direct relationship with respective regulatory authorities such as Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) and customs handling services to enhance business efficiency, and escalate challenges to the Procurement Manager.
- Review and establish the integrity of import documentation such as Bills of Lading, commercial invoices and packing lists etc and store them appropriately for future reference.
- Periodically identify and provide an analysis of the most effective means and cost of transportation for all in-bound transactions to the Procurement Manager.
- Keenly track all inbound procurements, prepare and maintain a delivery schedule for all materials and communicate proactively to all relevant departments.
- Supervise timely processing and monitoring of customs/tax payment process for all business imports and returns.
- Review tax assessments for goods to ensure cost efficient compliance is maintained.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the Procurement Manager on the company’s tax exposure and performance arising from imports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Umeme Logistics Supervisor career placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Procurement, Business Administration (Finance), Statistics or an associated discipline.
- Possession of a Postgraduate qualification in procurement and (SCM), such as (CIPS), (CPSM), (CSCP) etc.
- Membership to an accredited professional Supply Chain Management body is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of working experience in an SCM role.
- Previous experience in use of a logistics management system.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to fill out the online form at the link below.
Deadline: 13th July 2017 at 5.00PM.