Manager Finance Employment Opportunity – National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Finance and Administration
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established by the Registration of Persons Act (ROPA), 2015 and is mandated to establish and maintain the National Identification Register (NIR). The Authority is also charged with among other things; the registration of citizens and legally resident aliens; assigning National Identification / Alien Identification Numbers (NINs/AINs) to qualifying persons and issuing Identification Cards to those 16 years and above; registration of births, deaths and adoption orders and issuance of the relevant certificates.
Job Summary: The Manager Finance will oversee the implementation of the day-to-day operations in accounts, ensuring that they are in compliance with the International financial reporting standards, Public Finance Management Act, 2015, National accounting standards and tax and other statutory requirements, and the Authority’s finance policies and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support in the corporate budget preparation process and assists with budgetary control
- Checks payments/receipts to ensure that they are on a correct charge and that all transactions are properly recorded in the cash book.
- Reviews and signs off bank reconciliations and reports to immediate supervisor of any unresolved banking issues.
- Manages debtors’ portfolio through efficient and effective execution of credit control procedures, and the credit portfolio by ensuring that the defined creditors’ terms are respected.
- Manages pre-payments for insurance, suppliers, capital expenditure and Reviews appropriate journals before posting
- Ensures proper management of tax and statutory deductions (e.g. PAYE, VAT, NSSF etc) and ensures correct monthly provision for staff gratuity.
- Liaises with procurement department and ensures product costing and pricing is effective
- Manages the pricing and invoicing of third party stock.
- Verifies and signs off payments in line with NIRA finance policies and procedures
- Takes charge of the strong room, manages Cash In-Transit arrangements and Cashiers’ imprest
- Participates in the development, implementation and review of operational plan activities for the section
- Preparation of Periodic Financial statement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager Finance job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in commerce or relevant field with a bias in accounting from a recognized institution
- Professional qualifications in any of the following: ACCA, CPA , CIMA
- Membership of ICPAU is a must.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant work experience in a reputable organization, three (3) of which should have been at supervisory level in the Public Sector.
- Mentor and train staff in financial management system.
- Team player.
- Practical experience in using computerized financial accounting packages
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
- Age: Not more than 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for to the Executive Director by email: email@example.com. Applications should include detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials and a copy of a National Identity Card of the applicant.
Deadline: 18th December, 2020 by 5:00 PM.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying shall lead to disqualification.