Manager Finance Job Vacancies – Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Organization: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Financial Services
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a Statutory Body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999, Chapter 145 of the Laws of Uganda. The Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import and Distribution of Electrical Energy in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Manager Finance will develop and properly implement the ERA Financial Management Procedures and ensure value for money in line with ERA policies, regulations, and the National Laws. The incumbent will also supervise the Internal Financial Resources of ERA to perform its functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Development of the Authority Budget and ensure subsequent budgetary control for the various activities and programs within the Authority, in line with the Business plan.
- Prepare relevant periodic Budget Monitoring Reports.
- Review Financial Policies and Procedures (Financial Manual and Treasury Management Policy).
- Prepare Statutory Financial Reports, Treasury Management Reports, Management Accounts and Cash Flow Planning for ERA.
- Participate in the development of innovative resource mobilization and/or generation policies for the sustainability of ERA.
- Facilitate statutory audits by the Auditor General.
- Maintain and update an Asset Register
- Develop a Unit Risk Management Register and periodically update it.
- Mentor, develop, train, and build capacity of staff entrusted to your section.
- Develop the Unit Annual Work Plan, supervise staff and conduct quarterly and end-of-year appraisals.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) Manager Finance job must hold a Master’s Degree in Development Finance, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration.
- An Honours Degree in Finance and Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration.
- Must have a Professional Qualification such as ACCA or CPA.
- Post Graduate Qualification in Financial Analysis or Financial Modelling is an added advantage.
- Must have at least five (5) years of relevant working experience in a credible organization.
- Should not be more than 45 years of age.
- Should have good working knowledge of Uganda’s Electricity Supply Industry.
- Should be familiar with relevant Standards and Codes of Practice in the Electricity Supply Industry.
- Should be proficient in the use of various accounting packages.
- Should be a person of high integrity and be able to work as a part of a team.
How to Apply:
All candidates should be delivered preferably by record delivery addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Electricity Regulatory Authority,
Plot 15, Shimoni Road, Nakasero,
- O. Box 10332, Kampala – Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 17th January 2020, at 5:00pm.
N.B: Applicants who do not meet the stipulated minimum requirements need not apply. Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.