Manager, Grants and Contracts NGO Job Opportunities – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Global Health Security, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University- John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Summary: The Manager (Grants & Contracts) (MGC) will support the corporate management of projects by managing the development of project budgets, by monitoring and reporting financial performance of individual grants/sub-contracts, by financial monitoring of grants in aggregate, and by projecting future revenue. The MGC will manage training and technical assistance related to grants management with special emphasis to USAID. The MGC will be evaluated by the Senior Manager, Grants and Contracts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The MGC will be part of the Strategic Planning & Development team at IDI.
- Manage the budget development process for grant proposals.
- Contribute to the submission of grant applications.
- Manage the negotiation, finalization and extension of contracts and sub-contracts; with IDI as either main or sub-contractor once an award has been made.
- Track financial performance of grants (including sub-contacts).
- Prepare timely financial reports, as required – ensuring excellence in reporting content and format; produce the quarterly financial reports, monitor for all sub-grantees involved.
- Present financial information relating to grants at meetings.
- Produce Key Performance Indicators relating to grants.
- Prepare financial projections relating to grants.
- Manage development and implementation of grants management training courses in regards to USAID guidelines for implementing partners.
- Manage a consistent hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts (including sub-contracts) related to grants.
- Respond to ad hoc issues in post-contract management and support project managers in addressing any financial issues relating to the USAID portfolio.
- Any other duties specified by the IDI Head of Strategic Planning & Development.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors degree in a relevant field such as Finance, Accounting/audit, Business or Commerce or general Business Administration
- Master’s degree in a similar relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of budget preparation processes
- Advanced analytical, evaluative and objective critical thinking skills.
- Superb organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects/implementing partners simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Exceptional communication skills – both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills especially dealing with various stakeholders/implementing partners.
- Proficiency in computer systems including Microsoft applications; high level of skill in using MS-Excel
- Experience in project planning and management.
- At least five (5) years’ professional work experience, with proven ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders /funding agencies.
How to Apply:
All Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address (Email your application and CV to email@example.com ).
The Senior Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute – IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P. O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 24th January 2020