Manager, Human Resource Management (MHRM) Job Placement – Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Job Title: Manager, Human Resource Management (MHRM)
Organization: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) established by statutory instrument 2001 No. 75. REA is mandated to implement Government’s rural electrification programs. The Government of Uganda through REA is implementing a number of electricity connection projects with financial support from development partners to meet national electricity access targets.
Job Summary: The Manager, Human Resource Management (MHRM) will provide effective leadership and management to the Human Resource and Administration Function to support the goal and strategic needs of the Agency. S/he will be responsible for a ray of human resource, staff welfare, Administration and Operations functions at REA in order to facilitate the achievement of the Organization’s business objectives professionally.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Human Resource Policy, Planning and Development -Lead the development, and regular review of comprehensive Human resource policies, plans, strategies and guidelines that support the Agency’s business.
- Recruitment, Selection and Placement -Coordinate Manpower planning, implement and administer effective and timely recruitment process in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent available to support the Agency’s strategic needs. Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Compensation and Benefits -Lead on correct interpretation of the terms and conditions of employment, practices and procedures as contained in the Agency’s HR Manual, and that are aligned to the current legislations, field best practices, and to ensure equity.
- Strategic Human Resource Planning and Management
- Provide ongoing guidance, interpretation and technical support to Management of the Agency in the areas of HR management.
- Capacity Building, Training and Career Development -Regularly identify needs and opportunities to develop and support capacity among the HR staff and colleagues.
- Management and supervision of the Human Resource and Administration department-Develop and monitor implementation of the Human Resource department’s business and financial plans that are in line with REA business.
- Cooperation, Networking and Partnerships-Initiate, develop or lead internal and external networks in order to infl uence problem solving, decisions and collaborative partnerships.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with honors in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Commerce or Human Resource Management or any other relevant equivalent qualification with HRM as a course unit from a recognized University/Institution.
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management from a reputable Institution of Learning.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in an HR field, Five (5) of which must have been at a similar level in a reputable Institution.
- Evidence of active Membership to a professional HR body
- Ability to build and maintain effective teams and networking relations.
- Clear understanding of Local Labour laws.
- Knowledge of Electricity distribution business will be an added advantage.
- Proven excellent people skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic documents together with names of three professional referees (and their email / day time telephone contacts) to:
The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope P.O. Box 7317 Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 7th January 2019