Manager Human Resources and Administration Employment Opportunity – Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Organization: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a statutory body established in 2000 in accordance with the Electricity Act 1999 to regulate the generation, distribution, transmission, sale, export, import of electrical energy in Uganda and to guide liberalization of the electricity industry, manage licensing, rates, safety and other matters concerning the industry.
Job Summary: The Manager Human Resources and Administration will facilitate the development, updating and guide the overall implementation of various Human Resource Policies, Strategies, Systems and Procedures to facilitate the realization of the Authority objectives. He / She will also ensure that appropriate staff are recruited, selected, placed, developed and retained within the Authority in tandem with the Policies and Procedures and in line with the Terms and Conditions of service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, update and guide the overall implementation of various Human Resource and Administrative Policies, Strategies, Systems and Procedures, to facilitate the realization of Authority objectives.
- Manage and Coordinate Organizational Development and Change Management in line with the Corporate Strategy.
- Develop, Manage and Coordinate the Performance Management process and instill a Performance Culture among staff.
- Initiate, Design and effect appropriate recruitment, selection, and placement policies and procedures in line with the Terms and Conditions of service.
- Develop and implement cost effective fleet management, asset management, procurement management systems and procedures that support the realization of the Authority strategic objectives.
- Develop and Monitor the implementation of the Section of Administration and Human Resource Business Plans and Budgets.
- Develop the Need Based Management and Leadership Development Programmes in line with the Authority strategy and objectives.
- Supervise staff within the Department.
- Monitor and enforce standards of service delivery for outsourced/contracted providers.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Masters in Public Administration and Management, Masters in Public Policy and Administration from a reputable institution.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- An Honors Degree in Public Administration and Management, Human Resource Management, Psychology, Public Policy and Administration or a related Discipline.
- Five years of relevant working experience.
- Should have strategic thinking skills.
- Should have good communications skills.
- Should be a team player and systems oriented.
- Age: Above 30 years
- Knowledgeable in the Electricity Supply Industry.
- Proficiency in relevant Computer Packages.
- Should have good analytical skills.
- Should have good interpersonal skills and report writing skills.
- Should have good leadership skills.
- Should have good people skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are required to express their interest by sending their application letters and enclosed copies of:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (indicating daytime telephone number (s) and email address and daytime telephone numbers and email addresses of three Referees).
- Relevant transcripts and certificates
The Chief Executive Officer,
Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA),
Plot 15 Shimoni Road,
- O. BOX 10332, Kampala – Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2019 by 5:00pm