Manager Internal Audit Employment Opportunity – Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB)
Organization: Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: CEO and Board
The Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) is a body corporate established under the Lotteries and Gaming Act No.7 of 2016 to supervise and regulate the establishment, management and operation of lotteries, gaming, betting and casinos in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Manager Internal Audit will plan, conduct and report on Internal Auditing and Consulting engagements in accordance with the LGRB Guidelines, Laws of Uganda and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop annual risk based audit work plans and monitor their implementation in accordance to the appropriate standards and the Board’s objectives.
- Conduct Financial, operational and system audits and periodically report to management and the Board.
- Develop internal audit policies, procedures and strategies for review of management and approval by the Board.
- Coordinate the identification/assessment of strategic risks and review of the Organisation Risk profile.
- Conduct special audits, fraud investigations, compliance checks as requested by the CEO or the Board
- Manage performance of staff in the Audit department as per the performance management policy
- Review the functionality of the internal control system at LGRB and give recommendations for improvement to management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold an Honours Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance and other relevant courses from a recognised university
- Possession of ACCA or CPA and CIA.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or Finance is an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience of which 3 must have been at a Senior Management level reputable organisation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements must provide copies of certiﬁed academic: and professional qualiﬁcations. Applications should be addressed and submitted to the following address:
The Ag. Chief Executive Ofﬁcer
Lotteries & Gaming Regulatory Board
4th Floor, Communications House
Plot 1, Colville Street.
Deadline: 17th February 2020 by 4pm.