Manager Internal Audit Job Vacancies – Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Organisation: Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Board of Directors/Chief Executive
Uganda Airlines is the flag carrier of Uganda. The company is a revival of the older Uganda Airlines which operated from 1977 until 2001. It began flying in August 2019.
Job Summary: The Manager Internal Audit will be responsible for the company’s Internal Audit activity. Provide leadership in providing value-adding assurance and advisory services in order to enhance and protect the company’s value through risk-based objective assurance, advice, and insight.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the Internal Audit’s annual plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Prepare timely audit reports on the results of audit work/engagements in line with the audit plan and standards.
- Meet regularly with the Board Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices
- Facilitate other departments in the identification and assessment of risks and the development of the Company’s risk profile.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention. Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis
- Develop, coordinate and oversee the Internal Audit’s Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- Develop the internal audit manual and supervise its implementation.
- Periodically assess the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes and; guide on areas for improvement.
- Provide the Company’s Management, whenever necessary, with the relevant specialist, expert and technical advice where and audit mind may be required.
- Develop a team of staff in the department to effectively deliver the departmental mandate.
- Perform any other duties as May, from time to time, be assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or a closely related and relevant field, from a recognized University.
- Full Accountancy and Internal Auditing professional qualification, such as ACCA, CPA, CIA, or CISA, is a must
- Must be Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda(ICPAU)
- An Advanced Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or a closely related and relevant field, from a recognized University.
- Excellent knowledge of the standards of the International Professional Practices Framework as issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors is essential.
- Proficiency in the application of Audit-related Software and MS Office Package and related packages, is essential.
- Knowledge of any aviation accounting/audit Software system shall be an added advantage.
- Working experience of 8 years; at least 5 of which must be at a level of or equivalent to Internal Audit Manager, or in a similar Management position, in a large and reputable public or private sector organization.
- Experience in working with airlines, as well as with other regional and international public, or private sector organizations shall be an added advantage.
- High level of maturity, ethics, and integrity with a clean track record
- Proven managerial, negotiation and communication skills.
- Proven corporate planning knowledge and skills.
- Proven presentation and reporting abilities.
- Interpersonal, human relations, and team management skills.
- Analytical, accuracy and judgmental skills.
- Project management and networking skills.
- Strong IT and computer proficiency skills.
- Good training and coaching skills
- A confident, independent, articulate and reliable personality.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long hours.
Note: Those who applied before for the position of Chief Internal Auditor need not re-apply. Your applications will be considered but the job nomenclature has changed to Manager Internal Audit.
How to Apply:
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at the Link below
Click Here or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th February 2020