Manager – IT Security, Standards & Architecture Job Placement – DFCU Bank
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Business Technology
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Manager – IT Security, Standards & Architecture will lead the IT Security, Architecture and Operating Standards team that is responsible for developing, reviewing and overseeing the implementation of the Enterprise IT security, IT standards and Architecture frameworks that support the Bank to achieve its strategic objectives in a secure way. The role holder shall ensure technology alignment for the secure storage, processing and transmission of corporate data along principles of confidentiality, integrity and availability, and as well provide advice in the space of the IT security, IT architecture and IT Operating standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Security and Operating Standards Team leadership and management.
- Design, advise on and enforce IT Systems Security and standards.
- Design, advise on and enforce Enterprise IT Architecture in the Bank.
- Deliver and maintain a coherent long-term Enterprise IT security plan in line with commercial frameworks and the Bank’s IT policy.
- Ensure dfcu Bank IT systems audit readiness by supporting on the resolution of audit issues and carrying out pre-audit inspections of technology platforms.
- Design and execute a technology vulnerability assessment plan for dfcu
- Coordinate engagements with 3rd party incident response teams and drive the delivery of value from these service providers.
- Enforce technology configurations control and management.
- Analyze IT environments to identify security and architecture deficiencies and enforce enhancement solutions based on leading industry Enterprise standards.
- Support on Applications architecture design and security.
- Support on the systems release management process and IT Security and architecture acceptance testing.
- Document and inspect all key system components, interfaces, infrastructure and communications standards that enable systems performance qualities, such as availability, security, scalability & recoverability.
- Review all incoming systems for IT Security and Operating standards alignment.
- Design and carry out IT Security assessment and advise on corrective actions
- Inspect all production system changes for alignment with IT Security and standards along all their architecture, interfaces, protocols, and technology standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Manager – IT Security, Standards & Architecture job placement must hold a University degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other numerical biased degree.
- An advanced (Masters or Postgraduate) University degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other numerical biased degree.
- Certification in IT Security and/or forensics.
- Seven years of broad experience in design, development and implementation of information Systems and communication systems.
- Strong technological skills in Server hardware, Storage (NetApp), Operating systems (Windows & LINUX), Security & Network infrastructure, etc.
- Working experience in Information Systems Architectural design.
- Knowledge of product design and product lifecycle management.
- High proficiency in Information Systems and in research design tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, supervise and transfer knowledge to teams.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and get teams to carry out assigned tasks while maintaining a positive attitude under stress conditions.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Team leadership experience.
- Advanced Business Architectural & IT Security skills.
- Analytical Thinking & Inductive Reasoning.
- Critical Judgement and Decision-making – Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions to obstacles.
- Good Communicator – Present ideas effectively, clearly and concisely both written and verbal.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills – Have ability to create a culture of continuous development of self and the team.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 4th January 2019
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.