Manager Legal Aid Clinic Career Opportunity – Law Development Centre (LDC)
Job Title: Manager Legal Aid Clinic
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Department of Postgraduate Legal Studies and Legal Aid
The Law Development Centre (LDC) has a mandate to provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reform, produce legal publications, teaching materials, law reports and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Manager Legal Aid Clinic will develop, implement, review and monitor Legal Aid Clinic Programs and Operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement LAC work plans and budgets.
- The incumbent will develop project proposals for fundraising for the Clinic’s programmes and operations.
- The jobholder will implement and monitor all LAC projects.
- Teach on the Clinic Legal Aid program and follow up students’ field placements.
- Represent LAC clients in the courts of law.
- Manage court cases involving LDC.
- Offer support in the development of curriculum for clinical legal education and pro bono.
- Actively participate in the supervision of students practicing in courts of Law.
- Mentor, supervise, guide and manage staff performance under his/her supervision.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate LAC field activities.
- Provide technical input and support the Human Resource Manager in the recruitment of project staff.
- Organize the Clinic Advisory Board meetings and provide the secretariat.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the Clinic Advisory Board and donors.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head of Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an Honors Degree in Law. A Master’s degree in Law is desired.
- Possession of a postgraduate diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre.
- Additional training in Child Justice, Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- A minimum of ten years’ demonstrable experience in legal aid practice, five of which should have been served at a senior level in a reputable organization providing legal aid to vulnerable or disadvantaged groups.
- Previous exposure and experience in dealing with Juvenile Justice practice.
- Prior experience in fundraising and dealing with donors/development partners.
- Ability to lead teams and professionals from diverse backgrounds.
NB: This is a re-advertisement. Those who applied earlier needn’t express interest again.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to The Secretary, Law Development Center, P.O. Box 7117 Kampala either via post or hand delivery to the Law Development Centre Reception. The applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of two referees.
Deadline: 8th June 2017 by 5.00pm.
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE