Manager Payables Employment Opportunity – Brookside Limited
Organization: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The Manager, Credit Analysis will carry out detailed analysis, review and formulation of credit proposals/packages originating from the Corporate Business Segment in accordance with the credit policy and guidelines for presentation to Management Credit Committee for approval.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise credit analysts and Sales & Service Officers to ensure reviews are done on time and adequate support is provided to the team.
- Improve the quality of credit analysis by providing on the job training to both the Credit analysts and Relationship managers.
- Evaluation analysis of corporate proposals in line with the credit policy.
- Review all credit proposals submitted by the Corporate Business Segment for accuracy and compliance with the credit policy before presentation to the relevant approval committee.
- Proactively drive the review process to ensure consistent, thorough and timely evaluation of existing credit facilities in accordance with the credit policy.
- Interface with the Corporate Relationship Managers to obtain appropriate information to evaluate risk from a credit perspective in line with guiding credit policies.
- Evaluation and assessment of Credit Risk and associated risk for corporate accounts and large accounts in line with credit policy.
- Vetting credit applications and making recommendations for approval or rejection in line with the Credit policy and borrowing limits.
- Suggest and recommend terms and conditions for the credit recommended
- Liaise with Corporate for advances appraisal, reviews, excess reports, site visits, financials and other analysis related information to support the credit applications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business related subject or its equivalent.
- Professional banking, Insurance and Accounting qualification will give an added advantage.
- At least four years of banking experience with not less than three years in core credit operations in banking industry
- Demonstrate a proven ability to analyse credit proposals
- Understanding of business trends & credit risk management trends in the financial services industry
- Ability to understand and analyze financial & cash-flow statements and make useful deductions for decision making
- Good coordination skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and people management skills
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: email@example.com
Deadline: 26th June, 2021 by 5:00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda