Manager Quality Assurance Job Placement – Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA)
Organization: Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA) was established under section 14 of the Insurance Statute 1996 now The Insurance Act, (Chap213) Laws of Uganda, 2000 (Insurance Act) which came into effect on 4th April 1996 and commenced operations in April 1997. The establishment of the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda was a consequence of Government’s adoption of the liberalization and privatization policies which ended its role of directly engaging in the provision of goods and services and taking on the role of supervisor or regulator.
Job Summary: The Manager Quality Assurance will mainly provide high level, professional, business and administrative management support to the CEO, and the senior management team. The individual will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day projects and liaising with other Departments throughout the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and report on the implementation of plans and projects highlighting the progress, delays, risks, and opportunities.
- Liaise with the senior management team members and other stakeholders both internal and external and support the CEO to ensure tasks are completed as scheduled in departmental work plans.
- Collect and analyse the performance reports from the Directorates and prepare summarized reports required by the CEO and the Board.
- Coordinate development of strategic plans and annual plans and budget and periodic review of the progress of implementation.
- Monitor and advise CEO on the progress of the implementation of the Authority’s strategic plan and annual plans.
- Carry out research, prepare, review speeches and presentations of the CEO and ensure that they conform to the required standards.
- Coordinate submission of reports required by the line ministry and key external stakeholders.
- Prepare, plan and give accountability for the CEO’s office budget and resources.
- Documents – proof-reading all outgoing documentation including to the Board to ensure accuracy and quality.
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective coordination of implementation of Strategic Plan and Annual Plans
- Timely and accurate reports provided to the CEO.
- Accurate documents sent out.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda (IRA) Manager Quality Assurance job placement must hold a relevant (Honors) Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- At least Master’s degree in Economics or any other relevant field
- Professional qualification in ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators), CPS (Chartered Public Secretary) or CS (Chartered Secretary) will be an added advantage.
- Six years of working experience in related assignments/field, is an added advantage
- Personal presentation
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Analytical skills
- Report writing
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Networking skills
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to finer detail.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who meet the requisite qualifications should submit their applications together with copies of detailed up-to-date CVs with at least three referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road, Legacy Towers, Block B, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 22855, Kampala
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 7th September 2020 by 5:00 pm