Manager Strategy & Management Information Employment Opportunity – Orient Bank
Organization: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The Manager Strategy & Management Information will support the Commercial Banking team in creating deep insights around the needs of our customers on a micro segment level in the context of the business and market environment, in order to develop appropriate value propositions to meet customers’ needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and facilitate strategic and market analytics to drive out customer insights on a micro segment level.
- Extract and present information on key intelligence to Management on a periodic basis to support their strategy definition decision making.
- Review the strategic objectives against changes in the external environment and customer behavior and develop recommendations for changes to address new requirements.
- Identify market conditions/consumer behavior changes and assess the significance of the changes in relation segments and make comprehensive recommendations on the desired approaches to address changing needs.
- Ensure that adequate research and monitoring mechanisms are in place to surface significant competitive threats in time to create a reasonable response.
- Assist and advise in business planning to ensure alignment and integration with the overall Commercial Banking & organizational Strategy
- Translate market potential back to internal customer base, using all dimensions to do qualitative- and quantitative opportunity assessment.
- Source, analyze and interpret behavioral trends with accompanied profiling.
- Contribute to the development of new product or channel business cases by reviewing assumptions against intelligence gathered.
- Investigate and embark on a continuous market scanning to identify and stay abreast of market trends and activities.
- Formulate and influence product strategies based on research findings and work with outside research agencies and group marketing for ad-hoc research projects commissioned.
- Create and sustain an optimal Business Improvement climate to optimize performance via continuous provision of business insights and recommendations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business related subject or its equivalent.
- Professional and post graduate qualifications are an added advantage.
- Minimum of five years of banking experience
- Sound experience in business development within the banking sector.
- Demonstrable ability to manage diverse teams and customer relationships;
- Track record of conducting strategic analysis and insights Track record of having translated concepts into actionable and delivered strategies
- Leadership and People management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Professional disposition
- Rational and analytical thinking
- In-depth knowledge of Banking industry
- Networking and market intelligence
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 26th June, 2021 by 5:00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE