Marketing Manager Job Placement – Opportunity Bank
Organization: Opportunity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Opportunity Bank is the Bank of choice for all who aspire to a life of dignity and purpose, offering innovative technology led financial solutions and training to transform lives and Communities. The Bank recently obtained a commercial banking licence from Bank of Uganda and is now looking for a likeminded, creative, agile and result driven individual to fill the following position; As a member of the senior management team(Exco), the job holder is responsible for developing and devising mitigation strategies and ensuring follow through to give assurance to the Board, Management and Bank of Uganda that bank-wide risks are identified, measured, managed and reported in line with existing risk management guidelines and by large best global practices. This entails embedding the bank’s Enterprise Risk Management ERM with a critical role to proactively identify and understand the potential threats, identify opportunities, actions or events that will adversely affect the bank’s ability to achieve its objectives. .
Job Summary: The Marketing Manager will manage banking activities of the organization by performing specified duties to ensure the achievement of organizational goals by leading sales and marketing of organizational products. Responsible for driving sales in the branch network, developing marketing strategies to drive deposit mobilization and growth of loan portfolio Coordinating social media marketing for OBUL and fostering socially responsible corporate citizenship Coordinating product development and promotion, communication and selling, through initiating processes leading to overall business growth and development. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Generate New Business
- Support branches in bringing new business by reviewing and supporting the branch’s local marketing strategy
- Design, implement, and facilitate the development of annual marketing plan for the bank
- Ensure branches meet exceed sales targets in all products
- Develop and implement suitable marketing and product strategies and approaches on lending, savings, deposits and other potential banking products.
- Develop and implementarea and branch expansion and market penetration program including new product(s), expansion into new areas and penetration of existing areas.
- Actively participates in sales management including education of frontline staff and clients on company’s lending and banking products and services, market and customer research activities.
Strategic Planning and Business Strategy
- Design, implement, and facilitate the development of annual marketing plan for the bank.
- Oversee the bank’s Products development and their promotion in the market,
- Plan and administer the bank’s Sales & Marketing Operations budget, support the development of branch marketing budgets, branch opening, and promotion,
- Work with the CEO, CRO and Management in conceptualizing organizational plans to strengthen market position and market growth,
- Work with the CRO in preparing strategic business plans and overall marketing strategy
- Development of social media campaigns, and manage local uptake – including customer interaction (including customer complaints).
- Marketing to analyze the effectiveness of online campaigns in real time by collecting data and producing reports required to evaluate the effectiveness of social media programs Product and Business development Champion business development activities and the bank’s product branding i.e. selling the brand, branch promotions and campaigns,
- Maintain a working knowledge of all company news and businesses to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information that meets business and corporate objectives
- Coordinate implementation of structured marketing campaigns and packaging of products and services to achieve sales and market share budgets, Support Head Office in developing a consolidated media strategy and identifying appropriate advertising agency and media to implement the strategy.
- Coordinating the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters to promote the organization as a whole Develop, pilot, and document new product methodologies ensuring that the products are designed with transformation in mind,
- Ensure a “buy-in” and involvement of operations and management Team in new product/market development decisions
- Public Relations (Communication and External Affairs)
- Develop and ensure the maintenance of good media, government, and community relations, Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers. Colleagues suppliers and partner organizations.
- Develop and ensure that corporate standards and instructions are property implemented and maintained organization wide,
- Ensure publications and marketing materials are produced in line with the corporate guidelines
- Organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions Liaising closely with head office and branch offices in tracking product awareness, perceptions, and needs relating to the products and services.
- Ensure an effective internal staff communication strategy and approach including monthly newsletter and staff communications activities and events. Customer care and service
- Ensure an effective and professional image to the customer and an accurate portrayal of business Strategies across all social media platforms.
- Manage customer queries and resolve their complaints. Organize and implement client relations including client satisfaction surveys and client development activities
- Establish and ensure the delivery of high quality service standards to clients in responding to inquiries, requests and issues, set and take corrective actions against significant deviations from set service quality standards
Human Resources Management
- Actively participate in appraisals, team meetings and meeting your self-development needs
- Encourage teamwork and sharing best practices amongst all staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field Professional qualification in Marketing (CIM), chartered marketer
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing function management, having worked in a customer oriented business organization
- Familiar with the news business and experienced in public relations, marketing and design and branding
- Financial management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Innovation and entrepreneurial
- Planning and organization
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications Behavioral Characteristics
- Highly Motivated
- Results Driven
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a group
- Hard working
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should send their signed application letters together with their curriculum vitae
The Human Resources Manager
Opportunity Bank Uganda Limited
Plot 1259, Old Kira Road,
P.O. Box 33513, Kampala
Deadline: Thursday 5th December 2019