Marketing Specialist – Long Term Employment Opportunity – Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Organization: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Connections Department
Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) established by statutory instrument 2001 No. 75. REA is mandated to implement Government’s rural electrification programs. The Government of Uganda through REA is implementing a number of electricity connection projects with financial support from development partners to meet national electricity access targets.
About ECP Project:
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is implementing the Electricity Connections Policy (ECP) whose goal is to increase electricity access from the current 20% to 60% by 2027. The ECP was designed to address the major challenges that have kept electricity connections low and hence enable acceleration of connectivity throughout Uganda. The ECP targets to achieve a minimum of 300,000 connections per year in order to achieve this goal.
Job Summary: The Marketing Specialist will support REA in the implementation of the marketing and mobilization activities for connections under the ECP. He/She will support the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of the marketing activities to enable realisation of the connection targets under the ECP. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Marketing Specialist will work at REA’s Connections Department, together with other ECP implementing agencies, distribution companies and the marketing firm in planning and implementing the marketing and mobilization initiatives/campaigns.
- Work with Service Providers and consultants to design appropriate marketing strategies, plan and execute marketing and mobilization activities to support effective implementation of the ECP.
- Prepare work plans and budgets for marketing and mobilization activities for REA and Electricity Service Providers.
- Plan, prepare and manage the publication of promotion material.
- Plan, implement and manage marketing and promotion events throughout the country.
- Periodically evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing and promotion activities and make appropriate recommendations.
- A marketing plan for the next 6 months before marketing firm is brought on board. A draft marketing plan will have to be delivered.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports indicating the number of marketing and mobilisation activities undertaken and the likely impact. The report should also indicate the challenges and planned marketing and mobilisation activities for the following period.
- Ensure synergy and consistency in the planning and implementation of activities with the different players under the ECP.
- Support REA in engagement and management of externally sourced marketing and promotion consultancies, among others:
- Preparation of Terms of Reference; Ensuring that marketing and promotion activities are carried out in accordance with the contracts and within agreed timelines.
- Ensuring compliance with safeguard, fiduciary and other requirements for marketing and promotion activities.
- Preparation of progress and assessment reports and updates as required.
- Carry out any other relevant activities to support implementation of the ECP.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications. Master’s degree in marketing, communications, management, business is added advantage.
- Possession of and membership to professional bodies such CIM will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 (five) years’ experience in planning, implementation and coordination of mass marketing and mobilisation initiatives including rural areas.
- Experience in designing marketing strategies, materials and messages for given target groups and the public will be critical.
- Highly motivated, innovative, pro-active and committed team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams in the organisation at all levels.
- Must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Computer knowledge and skills in MS Word, MS excel and internet/email is a mandatory requirement.
- Proven integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic documents together with names of three professional referees (and their email / day time telephone contacts) to:
The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope P.O. Box 7317 Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 24th June 2019