M&E Coordinator NGO Jobs – Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Title: M&E Coordinator
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The M&E Coordinator will develop and monitor the implementation of the Global Fund –TASO TB/ HIV M&E system and guidelines for measuring and tracking project performance, data validation, timely reporting and utilization of data to guide implementation decisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor the implementation of Project M&E framework/PMP for monitoring the progress and impact of the projects.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of M+E work plan and give progress updates on weekly, monthly and weekly basis to the Project Manager.
- Build capacity of the M+E Officers and Data Assistants on use of various project data collection and reporting tools and other data management aspects including data collection, analysis and use for programmatic decisions.
- Take part in developing and monitor the project’s activity tracker / work plan and support the Project Manager to tracker and ensure that all the planned and approved activities are implemented with the time frame.
- Plan, organise and conduct internal quarterly performance review meetings for sharing performance progress with Baylor-Uganda management team and feedback to field teams.
- Conduct monthly data validation, to ensure correct and consistent data is reported in periodic reports and ensure that all data sets and source documents are available at head office for PR’s review within 10 days following end of quarter.
- Maintain performance feedback tracker from district support supervision, quarterly internal and external performance reviews, data validation exercises and program compliance reviews by PR and track actions to closure.
- Develop and monitor implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for data management and systematic generation of quality project reports for reporting in line with Baylor Uganda M+E guidelines and the grant reporting standards.
- Maintain updated project data bases and ensure timely data entry and cleaning of all HCT, BCC, AGYW and any project data that is required to be entered in available data bases.
- Initiate and monitor procurement and availability of reporting tools and as well monitor the distribution process and proper utilisation of all data collection tools for the project.
- Develop and maintain a competent & motivated “team of M & E staff through counselling, mentorship as well as performance monitoring and appraisals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a degree in Statistics, Demography or Quantitative Economics with a post graduate qualification in Monitoring and evaluation. Registration with the relevant professional body is desirable.
- At least five years of experience in monitoring & evaluation with at least two years in supervisory role in a reputable International or local NGO.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, data bases development and data management packages of Ms Access, Ms Excel, STATA, SPSS, and EpiDATA.
- Knowledge and experience in AGYW Interventions, use of DHIS 2 including data entry and cleaning, data analysis and reporting
- Donor reporting experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent writing, oral communication and organizational skills
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 12th March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE