M&E Coordinator NGO Jobs – TechnoServe
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. By linking people to information, capital, and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities. Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
About Hortimap Program:
Through the four-year Hortimap program funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Technoserve and partners BID Network and Impact Capital Africa will transform the horticulture industry in Uganda. The program combines catalytic funding through a Market Development Facility and Technical Assistance fund to leverage private sector and local resources and expertise to strengthen SMEs and local supply chains, while delivering world-class entrepreneurship training to farmers and retailers to realize their potential. These interventions are expected to increase incomes for more than 31,000 farmers, create 11,000 jobs, and improve access to healthy, safe food for 250,000 Ugandan consumers.
Job Summary: The M&E Coordinator will provide management of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) components of the HortiMAP program in Uganda. The M&E Coordinator will work closely with the MEL Manager and other program and country management to support data collection from activities, clients and partners, and to provide data and analysis for decision making to the program team. S/he will be responsible for enabling evidence-based decision-making processes by country project leadership, maintenance of HortiMAP M&E systems, and effective implementation of HortiMAP M&E activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
M&E Systems and Processes:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating program performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements;
- Enter data into and analyze information from M&E systems for use throughout project lifecycle;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E activities;
- Ensure quality control and identify where adaptations might be needed;
- Ensure timely completion of major M&E deliverables, regular periodic analysis of data to identify and communicate lessons-learned
- Review, monitor, and analyze reports for impact evaluation;
- Support MEL Manager in identifying the cause of potential bottlenecks in implementation;
- Support the production of narrative reports;
- Contribute to determining the effectiveness of technical training packages.
- Interface with other country, regional, and HQ staff, as appropriate;
- Share best practices and lessons learned with HortiMap project management;
- Work closely with MEL Manager to help ensure that program work plans are on target to meet deliverables in a timely and effective manner;
- Share analyses and trends with project team members to help synchronize decision-making processes with M&E results;
Evaluation of Partners & Sub-contractors:
- Help MEL Manager maintain strong working relationships with local M&E partners/ contractors;
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of M&E partners and sub-contractors;
- Make recommendations to MEL Manager on the quality of M&E partners’ and sub-contractors’ services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the TechnoServe M&E Coordinator job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics or international development-related studies required;
- At least three years of experience with M&E methods and approaches, including designing, planning, and implementing M&E systems, analyzing and reporting using a logical framework and other strategic planning approaches;
- Proven ability to work with various M&E methods and approaches;
- Ability to identify and measure social indicators is critical;
- Excellent information analysis and report writing.
- Experience working with youth training and/or mentorship programs preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must;
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations;
- Proven ability and experience working with teams;
- Fluency in English required;
- Willingness to be based in Kampala, and travel to remote rural locations.
Success Factors: Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Financial & Resource Management: The ability to estimate, justify, and manage appropriate funding levels to support goal accomplishment. Managing Resources is about understanding human, financial, and operational resource issues to make decisions aimed at building and planning efficient project workflows, and at improving overall organizational performance.
- Donor/Partnership Management: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Analysis, Research, Report Writing: Experience in business planning and analysis, modeling for feasibility and execution. Able to analyze and express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Innovative Mindset: Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.
- Emotional Intelligence: The act of knowing, understanding, and responding to emotions, overcoming stress in the moment, and being aware of how your words and actions affect others. Emotional intelligence consists of 4 attributes: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- Strategic Thinking: Managers should recognize key actions, underlying problems, make connection and patterns, see consequences and implications. Anticipates obstacles realistically and plans ways to deal with them.
- Staff Development: managers are required to work with employees to plan on the development of skills and abilities so that they can fulfil current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Trust to Delegate: managers should have trust and willingness to assign responsibilities to direct reports and give them discretion and authority to carry them out.
- Feedback/Coaching (mentoring): managers should give instructions, suggestions, explanations, and feedback to subordinates.
Career Pathways: The positions that may be a next career opportunity for employees in this job title include MEL Manager
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet the requirements, apply through the link below;
NB: Please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 6th April 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE