Medical Officer Job Opportunities – Sawa HealthCare Group (SHCG)
Job Title: Medical Officer
Organisation: Sawa HealthCare Group (SHCG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Medical Director
Sawa HealthCare Group exists to provide affordable, accessible and quality healthcare services in the communities we serve and to do so in a sustainable manner with the highest level of integrity.
Job Summary: The Medical Officers will work in collaboration with other healthcare professionals in the delivery of primary care services. Sawa Medical Officer duties are tailored to the family unit in which direct care, health promotion, disease prevention and counseling are offered across the patient’s lifespan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide necessary medical services to patients of Sawa HealthCare Group within his/her scope of practice and field of training in accordance with stated policies, procedures and protocols of SHCG.
- Identify him/herself as a physician and wear identification badge at all times.
- Exhibit professionalism when greeting and treating patients in the clinic.
- Educate, counsel and guide patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
- Prescribe medication as defined by state and federal laws and within his/her scope of practice.
- Develop treatment plans for acute and chronic diseases across life cycle specified by specialty/field of training.
- Preform diagnostic tests, screening evaluations and conduct patient exams.
- Provide other services as granted by delineation of privileges.
- Be available for contact after hours to treat or triage medical conditions.
- Share in providing coverage for extended office hours of SHCG as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Read and adhere to the Clinical Policy Manual.
- Assist in medical data collection as directed by the Medical Director.
- Participate in QA/QI activities as directed by the Medical Director
- Agree to carry out all required responsibilities of the corporation relative to patient charges, third party reimbursement, etc.
- Maintain the electronic health record per current SHCG policies and procedures
- Advise the appropriate member of management, as defined by the institutions organizational chart, of any problems you perceive with SHCG operations.
- Participate in community service and health promotion programs
- Participate in the review of all medical policies, procedures and protocols
- Assume, as requested by the Medical Director, the supervision of junior medical staff in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform any other duty assigned by Medical Director or CEO to improve the efficiency of SHCG
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold relevant qualifications and experience
- Must be organized, a self-starter and detailed oriented
- Job duties require the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Expected to travel and cover other sites during provider absences
- Expected to coach, mentor and train clinical staff
How to Apply:
All candidates who are suitably qualified are advised to send their application and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st January 2019