MER Coordinator Non-profit Careers – Plan International
Job Title: MER Coordinator
Organisation: Plan International
Project Name: Emergency Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) and Protection Interventions for South Sudanese Refugees and Host Communities in the West Nile Sub-Region of Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plans vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation and management of all MER functions
- Supports work planning for project baselines, on-going monitoring of implementation mid-term reviews and final evaluation
- Responsible for documentation and learning in the project
- Supports the Project Manager in compiling quarterly narrative reports in collaboration with Project Team.
- Build capacity of project team and partners in MER for effective project management
- Together with other PU / project team members, coordinates and supports the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation & learning initiatives for the Emergency Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) and Protection Interventions for South Sudanese Refugees and Host Communities project other being implemented in Arua and Yumbe Districts.
- Coordinates and leads development of Project indicators, monitoring frameworks, data collection tools and guidelines.
- Manages all project data, including maintaining the project’s management information system by ensuring that data is entered timely and accurately.
- Leads development and design of all researches within the projects, working closely with the Project Coordinators, MER Manager, Emergency Response Manager, CNO Senior Portfolio Manager and technical specialists’ team at Country Office.
- Leads and supports the design and delivery of major evaluation and monitoring initiatives, including project baselines within the Program Unit.
- As a member of the project teams, advises management and programme staff on all aspects of monitoring, evaluation & research within the program Unit.
- Facilitates Training and Development activities and provides coaching and mentoring for Plan International Uganda project teams and implementing Partner staffs on monitoring, evaluation, research and Learning aspects.
- Facilitates organisational learning by developing, collecting and disseminating relevant internal and external project information on monitoring, evaluation & research.
- Prepares M&E quarterly progress reports on the Projects’ monitoring, evaluation & research initiatives for internal and external use.
- Supports Implementing Partner staff to manage project database and other MEL aspects within their organizations.
- Support management in all monitoring and documentation related project activities.
- Support the utilization of the corporate M & E system within the Program Unit
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Plan International MER Coordinator job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Social Sciences, Social Work, Development Studies or a related field.
- Additional training at Post-Graduate level in Monitoring and Evaluation, project planning and management or a related field is an asset.
- Five years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation working with international agencies, with a minimum of three years’ experience in WASH and Child Protection in emergency interventions.
- Previous experience in managing data from partners and implementing projects with partners, partners’ capacity building and CSO strengthening.
- Proven success in engaging Refugee level stakeholders, especially UNHCR, OPM collaborating with diverse stakeholders including local governments, community leaders, donor officials, NGOs, and UN agencies
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English
- Skills in research design
- Analytical skills
- Data processing, analysis and presentation skills
- Good level of proficiency in MS Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Excellent project management and team leadership skills
- Capacity building and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Youth development related policies and strategies
- Advocacy and Networking
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Knowledge in implementation of rights based programming including principles of gender quality
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing and budget management
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work cooperatively with partners
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ability to lead and motivate people to work in teams.
- Ability to develop synergies and integration of different project.
- Cultural sensitivity and working with diverse teams
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
The Country Human Resources and Organizational Development Manager,
Email to: email@example.com