Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant NGO Job Careers – Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Grade: UR 7
Reports to: Technically to the Coordinator PME&R and administratively to the Operations Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Job Summary: The role of the Monitoring and Evaluation is responsible will be to help URCS strengthen its monitoring and evaluation systems and practices and generate evidence based feedback for project planning and policy formulation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement in collaboration with the PME&R Department and project staff data collection such as KAP surveys, Needs assessment, baseline and end line surveys, coverage surveys for disaster preparedness and response;
- Coordinate implementation of M&E tools, including training and support for relevant project staff and volunteers on M&E, data collection and analysis, basic surveying and sampling techniques and support data analysis and usage;
- Support project in establishing a community-based gender sensitive MEAL system with quality data controls using ICT4D and strengthen capacity where needed;
- Ensure the collection of good quality data in order to reflect the progress of programming by supervising enumerator teams and data clerks;
- Assisting with the translation of relevant documents and their dissemination;
- Properly filing and maintaining all M&E documents;
- Assist the project to Develop its Monitoring and Evaluation Framework and Plan;
- Assist to develop result specific monitoring and evaluation framework in consultation with project staff/volunteers, District Coordination Committees, OPM and other stakeholders;
- Based on the framework develop simple and user category wise monitoring format and its guidelines to be used in monitoring process;
- Assist to implement the M&E framework, guidelines and other tools;
- Assist to develop reconstruction program wise process, output, outcome and impact level indicators for progress monitoring;
- Assist in the preparation of an annual monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Demography, Project Planning and Management, Health Information Science, Social Sciences BUT with professional qualifications in research from a reputable institution.
- Essential Experience
- Minimum 2 years of direct relevant professional experience in planning, M&E or implementation of humanitarian and development projects from a reputable institution;
- Training in emergencies and relief operations/ Disaster Risk Reduction will be an added advantage
- Essential Skills
- High level of financial discipline and integrity;
- Analytical skills;
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- Knowledge of M&E principles in public organizations as well as international organizations.
- High professional and personal integrity;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, public speaking and presentation
- Budgeting and budgetary control;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team;
- Organizational skills and the ability to concurrently handle multiple assignments.
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates please send your filled application form at the link below.
Attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to: email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 6th April 2020 at 5:00 pm