Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, DREAMS Project Jobs – MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Organisation: MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to; Senior M&E Officer
MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd is a privately registered company in Uganda located in Masaka (Reg. No. 214514). MOD runs a social enterprise business model. “We search, develop, innovate and execute evidence based sustainable business solution models to emerging public health and social problems in our communities.” MOD cultivates a balanced public health and research ecosystem and committed to strengthen partnerships with private and public health institutions, professionals, and researchers to influence positive action. Our model is designed in accordance with the MOD’s Strategic Business plan 2017-2021 that highlights the company’s financial and social objectives, mission, vision, marketplace dynamics, client needs or capabilities and legal environment. MOD underpins its social and health impact on five core values summarized as PECIT;
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation officer will be responsible for the implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEA&L) framework for the DREAMS project in Luweero district. He/she will contribute to the design and execution of related MEA&L core activities such as documentation of success stories and innovation to implementation science research within the company. The applicant will develop approaches and tools based on clear impact pathways, theories of change, outcomes, and indicators of progress. He/she will work to ensure that proper monitoring and evaluation is carried out at outcome level. He/she will ensure that all project activities result in the achievement of intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. In addition, the MEA&L Officer will build the capacity of project staff in monitoring and evaluation and specifically how to demonstrate impact. He/she will assist Project coordinators and project officers in preparing and submitting monthly/ quarterly/ annual reports on project progress to authorized Heads of Departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Work with the project staff to operationalize the MEA&L framework designed for the DREAMS project including and not limited to: participating in designing tools for data collection, verification, and management and reporting as well as data audits.
- Work the project staff to ensure quality implementation of DREAMS activities in the district so that;
- Project has a clear and feasible strategy towards desired impact, and
- Project has clearly defined measurable indicators of outputs, outcomes.
- Contributing to outcome and evidence-based strategic decision-making at company and promote a culture of evidence-based learning and adaptation,
- Work with district coordinators, project officers, Sub-county coordinators and data entrants in developing systematic and realistic project work plans, M&E plans that capture quantitative and qualitative project data.
- Participate in project review and steering committee meetings with other IPs.
Capacity Building in M&E & Reporting
- Work with Project staff and management to build staff capacity in developing project logical frameworks, data management, and results‐oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles and report writing techniques and requirements for relevant stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- In liaison with Project staff, the M&E officer will support in organizing and coordinating Workshops/review meetings of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders.
- Support monthly documentation and capturing of project success stories.
- Work with project staff and Mildmay Uganda to conduct regularly DQA for quality implementation across the district.
- Work with Project coordinators, officers to compile and summit project monthly and quarterly reports to be submitted to Mildmay Uganda.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of company systems for archiving MEA&L guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations for major activities undertaken
- Support the development of program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in programs, including input for impact related success stories.
- Assist in gathering, summarizing and disseminating relevant technical updates on program planning monitoring, evaluation and operation and implementation research within the project;
- Coordinate mid‐term reviews and evaluation of program activities and ensure proper documentation of innovative approaches and best practices for dissemination and sharing experiences to promote repeat applications or scaling‐up in different community settings.
- Carry out any other duties and roles as may be assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a BSTAT or BSc. Quantitative Economics, Actuarial Science or a Degree in a related field.
- Post graduate Diploma in M&E, Project Planning & Management is an added advantage.
- Professional experience and skills
- Three years of experience in project planning and Management, monitoring & evaluation, HIV& AIDS programming and community work.
- Previous experience in data management using DHIS, Microsoft Access, excel and Statistical packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively under pressure with DREAMS implementing partners (IPs), community and district structures.
- Knowledge of DREAMS project & service uptake tools is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of OVC tools and reporting is an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Ready to start work immediately and reside in Luweero district
- Recommendation from current/previous employer/supervisor/Mentor (Any).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their job post application letter, valid academic documents (Certificates & Transcripts), National ID, and Not more than a three (3) page detailed resume (CV) with two strong professional referees to the:
Human Resource Manager,
MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Plot 20, Birch Avenue
P.O. Box 910, Masaka, Uganda
Tel Office: (+256)485660637
E-mail to: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 7th January 2019 by 5:00pm