Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant NGO Jobs – Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kyaka II, Uganda
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Job Summary: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant is responsible for assisting the execution and implementation of various activities within the Monitoring and Evaluation unit. He/she provides general support to the unit that will ensure smooth implementation of various planned activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of M&E policies and Standard Operating Procedures with support of the MEAL Officer.
- Develop and share data collection tools and ensure timely availability to staffs in time
- Participate in all organisation project Assessment/ surveys with the direction of the MEAL Officer
- Ensure M&E tools are well administered according to set guidelines and properly tagged or serialized for easy tracked/trace.
- Documents of various activities are well filed in chronological manner for easy retrieval and references
- Collect case studies from the field, success stories, and failures bring them to the attention of Management and make appropriate recommendations.
- Adapt and work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to develop monitoring tools and visit all activities to check on progress and offer support and direction in line with the programme strategic plan and report on the quality of implemented activities.
- Use the information collected to assist in the production and timely submission of internal and external data templates and reports.
- Under the guidance of the MEAL Officer respond to donor data inquiries and questions.
- Undertake data cleaning, prepare necessary reports and updates, and determine the information requirements of the project.
- Update the project information needs and answer any data queries from time to time.
- Support the MEAL team to manage the data base of the project and ensure that it is routinely updated.
- Offer technical support to project staff and on data issues and ensure that staffs understand the data requirements of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) MEAL Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Development studies or related field. Additional PGD in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Experience in data collection and management is required
- Experience in conducting and leading Project Assessments./Survey
- Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
All interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact with copies of academic papers addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.email@example.com
Applications may also be hand delivered to our office in Kampala; Roche Close Muyenga
Deadline: 27th August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks.
FCA does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing contracts and does not act through recruitment agents
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE