Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator NGO Jobs – DanChurchAid (DCA)
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Humanitarian Operations (HoHO)
DanChurchAid is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and founded in 1922. Our key competencies are food security and food crisis response, humanitarian cash transfer programming, civil society development and humanitarian mine action. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, which is a faith-based, non-missionary humanitarian alliance, and one of the five largest NGO Alliances in the world with a combined turnover of over 1.5 billion USD annually.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator is a technical role and heads the MEAL function in the DCA Uganda Humanitarian sector. The MEAL Coordinator will lead on the development and strategic direction of DCA’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) systems, policies, and procedures.
The position will lead in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for DCA’s various humanitarian Projects. The post will involve coordination with project management teams in line with donor reporting requirements, and with DCA guidelines and best practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate and play a leading role in the development and rolling-out of a MEAL strategy for DCA Humanitarian Operations.
- Based on the approved Log frame, develop M&E plan for each project to serve as roadmap defining the implementation, progress tracking, and improve a monitoring and evaluation
- Improves the quality of the management of projects within his/her scope of responsibility, as defined in DCA’s MEAL strategy.
- Contributes towards the implementation of a learning agenda and methodologies by the programmes and by DCA in general.
- Based on approved workplans and donor reporting requirements, develop a data base capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, in a practical, and “user friendly”, manner
- Participate and play a leading role in needs assessment through development of appropriate methodology and tools for data collection, analysis and write up.
- Supervise, disseminate, and enable field teams to understand the analysis of data collected on outputs and how and whether they contribute toward achievement of outcomes.
- Participate in generating draft quarterly project reports and share with the project managers for further review and final submission to line departments.
- In cooperation with Project managers, producer human interest stories, case stories, periodic SITREPs, quarterly newsletters, and other visibility materials communicating DCA and Partner’s humanitarian response operations.
- Ensure the roll-out of M&E plans and reporting systems are understood to all staff and partners through training, site visits, production of guiding manuals, and technical support.
- Ensure data capture and reporting systems are well understood and properly used by staff and partners to inform their decision making.
- Actively participate in development of CNs, project proposals, ToC and Logical Frameworks, and development of programme strategies,
- Ensure that all tools are practical, user friendly and accommodate different levels of expertise, from community groups, partners, to project staff.
- Work with all partners and project teams to popularize the reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strengthen collaboration with strategic partners in measuring impact, quality, and change.
- Assist DCA team to maintain and follow an updated Accountability Framework and Complaints Handling Mechanism, consistent with DCA Great Lakes Regional Office Compliant handling, and assist in receiving and processing complaint referred to DCA Offices.
- Take responsibility for integrating protection age, diversity, and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Provide ongoing support to project teams, partners, and rights holders to mainstream M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent refresher trainings.
- Ensure regular reviews of the M&E system, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with managers, staff, and partners.
- Contribute to evidence-based decision-making on programme design and implementation, notably through making monitoring, review, and evaluations findings accessible, developing innovative, user-friendly, and informative products.
- Actively participate both qualitative and quantitative routine collection, analysis, and use of data quality for reporting and planning purposes. Keep record of information obtained during research and documentation (database of information, hard files, etc.) as well have confidentiality and protection of collected information.
- Ensure quality content development by writing of timely and accurate assessment reports and factsheets and providing of technical oversight.
- Support the development of TOR for consultancies, administering consultancy services as well supervising the MEAL Assistants and data enumerators attached to the department.
- Supervise, mentor, coach, and coordinate MEAL staff; provide close technical support and oversight to the overall MEAL work in the office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DanChurchAid (DCA) Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator job must hold a bachelor’s degree.
- A bachelors degree in Project Management, Development Studies, Social Studies, Economics or equivalent will be an added advantage. Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management will be strong added advantage.
- Additional training and experience in biostatistics or /and MIS of an added advantage.
- At least seven years of professional practice in results-based management, monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and research
- Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation, and assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and managing assessments.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, Power Point, database, spreadsheet, Excel and graphics presentations, including one or more of the following programs: MS Access, GIS, Kobo Collect, Magpi, Statistical programming skills and other internet applications.
- Understands international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g., CHS, SPHERE, Red Cross/Crescent Code of Conduct, etc).
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- You have demonstrable experience using a range of qualitative, quantitative, and participatory methodologies, including the set-up and use of electronic data collection systems.
- Excellent strategic planning skills as well as analytical and organizational skills. Ability to think critically and creatively; and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- You can work in a multidisciplinary team and ensure cultural sensitivity.
- Experience of working in Humanitarian and development sector will be added advantage.
- A self-starter with a strong existing ability to work independently and ethically upright.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE