Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer NGO Jobs – Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Rwamwanja, Uganda
Reports to: Area Manager
About US: Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Job Summary: The Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer will support data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by FCA in Rwamwanja and other project location. Under the Technical Direction of MEAL Manager and in collaboration with the Project Managers, the MEAL Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized. He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to the MEAL Manager and Area Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, develop a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Be responsible for generating project reports and share with the project managers for further review and final submission to line departments
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E and reporting systems to all staff through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- Help coordinate overall project review and evaluation activities as required in partnership with the Project Managers This includes coordinating mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as might be required.
- Lead the routine collection, analysis, and use of data quality data for reporting and planning purposes.
- Responsible for development and setting up effective project monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Responsible for establishment of an effective data management system, safe storage and retrieval of the data
- Setting up project Monitoring and evaluation framework and aligned program M&E plans
- Providing technical support to project staff in development of project monitoring tools
- Promote the standardization of M&E processes throughout the project cycle management, ensuring coherence and quality of information collected against planned results and activities.
- Provides technical and surge support to the project coordinator/staff on M&E processes, outcome monitoring, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis for assessments, donor reporting and other processes
- Provide technical advice and backstopping support to the Project staff and contribute to the setting and monitoring targets for the project
- Plan and execute project assessments, reviews and evaluations in coordination with the Project Coordinator and program staff.
- Establish and implement an Accountability Framework for target population with an ingrained Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) for timely decision making and improvements to programming
- Ensure standardization of tools for all the Project and to undertake regular Project monitoring including carrying out assessments, establishing baseline surveys, documenting progress and endline surveys and evaluations
- Support the project coordinator in reviewing project progress reports ensuring they reflect on outcomes and desired quality
- Work with the Program and Humanitarian coordinators and programs team to ensure that the project’s M&E system is well linked and/or integrated with overall M&E systems for the FCA Uganda Country Program.
- Create a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, teachers, parents and other relevant stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism to ensure continuous performance improvement.
- Keep record of information obtained during research (database of information, hard files, etc.)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate should hold relevant qualifications How to Apply: All interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact with copies of academic papers addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.email@example.com Applications may also be hand delivered to our office in Kampala; Roche Close Muyenga Deadline: Wednesday 28th April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks” FCA does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing contracts.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda