Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job Careers – Ezylife Holdings Limited
Organisation: Ezylife Holdings Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Salary: Gross salary per month – USD 500
Reports to: Managing Director
EzyLife is an American social enterprise with the mission of serving low income families with products, services and opportunities that make life easier. After its success in building long-term and high impact relationships with underserved customers in Kenya through its consumer finance program, EzyLife expanded into Uganda in partnership with leading organizations. EzyLife’s initial offering includes clean burning cook stoves from leading cook stove manufacturers, which will then expand into additional high impact technologies in solar, water treatment, and agriculture.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is responsible for implementation of carbon monitoring and management of data for the Paradigm clean cookstoves program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with Management to assess and refine survey models and effectiveness and redesign as needed on an ongoing basis;
- Conduct and manage all field-related monitoring activities, including surveys, product performance tests, quality tests, usage assessments, and any other activities required to assure compliance. Surveys will be done year-round, in various geographies in the field;
- Manage timelines and deliverables to ensure on-time registration and issuance of carbon offsets annually;
- Design/refine and manage all Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures for project-related data collection and storage, with weekly reports on core parameters for data collection and quality;
- Analyze and prepare all data collected for review by management and auditors;
- Manage all monitoring-related contacts and logistics, including carbon auditors and local community leaders, validation and verification visits;
- Maintain current knowledge of carbon methodology requirements to keep projects in continual compliance;
- Keep implementing colleagues informed of methodological changes or refinements as they occur, defining how they affect project status and working relationships;
- Create and manage budgets for all the above, reporting to the managing director for budget and expense approvals;
- Analyzing group diligence for loan applications; and
- Any other duties as needed and assigned by the MD.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s in Statistics, Economics, environmental or energy sciences or related field.
- Added advantage
- Masters in Project Planning and Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or related field
- Affiliation/membership to M&E Associations.
- Highly organized;
- Analytical and detail oriented;
- A person of integrity;
- Quick decision-making ability;
- Team player.
- Disciplined; and
- At least three years’ experience in M&E;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills;
- Well-developed quantitative abilities; and
- Availability and interest in traveling approximately 60% of the time.
- Experience in World Bank reporting;
- Project management experience;
- Fluency in any 2 local languages; and
- Experience using Angaza software.
Note: No experience in carbon offset monitoring is required, if you have the desire to learn and excel, we will train you.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th February 2020